Suggestions to make RR/Scanamerica live audio better

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
The transfer looks like it went ok, however its a little difficult to navigate right now. A couple things below would greatly help out....

-Add an "all view" for each state. The metro area thing is ok but I heavily use the all state view.

-Make the "new feed addition" list longer or maybe create a new page for a longer list of new additions with the date that they were added.

That's about all I find right now, but everything else is looking smooth.

Jason

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are going to completely re-do the Top-20 Feed List and the New Addition Feed list.. that will happen this week. Right now it is confusing looking and not very valuable. I'm on it baby!

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Does that include the all feed view for each state also? I'm annoyed bouncing around county to county LOL.

Jason

SCPD

QRT
I'm just a noob who's been hanging around since 2003 so my vote don't count much - NICE JOB!

Even running Opera I have yet to find issues. Havn't tried IE yet. I did apply for an additional feed. Friday I went to a Stereo format on SA, Gordon has been pre-occupied with this transition so I wasn't worried to see my feed hasn't changed yet to the new format and coverage. I did note, it would be nice to have a "Request Feed Changes" or something like that as an option to Feed providers rather than "apply" for a feed. I think I covered all the basis in the description box, but to simplify it on your end, I thought I'd submit that for future consideration.

4.1 Look Great! Good Job Fella's ...

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Not sure how you'll incorporate the feed forums into the live audio but in addition to my "all feed view" for each state, it would be pretty cool to have a big shoutbox on the main page of live audio. For people to chat and let others know about interesting events/calls happening on their feeds.

Does that include the all feed view for each state also? I'm annoyed bouncing around county to county LOL.

Jason

SCPD

QRT
Couple of suggestions:

Since there is no plan to install a Shoutbox, there lies a issue in Notifying the listening community about "Active Incidents" Believe it or not, on SA when there was a Good working Incident and a feed provider dispatched the info, not just local listeners, but out-of-staters flocked over to the hot feed. I did this myself for the Lakers riots, I also dispatched the Tornado incident in Denton Co. it was something the listeners did. I dunno, out of support, bordom or interest.

The other, We have a "Breaking Incidents" option in Most States forums. to Keep Listening issues Seperate from General discussion about Scanning. Can a "Live Feed Issues" be intergrated in a like the "Breaking Incidents" SA's forums were very active with Localized topics and provider specific topics which as it stands even with 4.1 we have limited Specific forum availability.

I know the two of you, LB & Gordon have bigger fish to fry today, this is just an obvseration for something that might have a place down the stream when the fishy issues get netted out.

IdaScan

Premium Subscriber
I would love to see a direct link on the database from the user/frequency listed to the live feed of that particular frequency...

I.E.
Idaho -> Canyon County -> City of Nampa -> Police Dispatch -> 460.025 MHz -> Listen Live

Status
Not open for further replies.