Embedding Audio Feeds in Your Own Web Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Audio Broadcasters. I've worked with the audio administration team over the past few days and we've made the decision to change our policy and allow feed broadcasters to embed their feeds in their own Web pages, for free, provided they use ONLY this process for doing so.

This is available immediately.

To get started, first you need to apply for a domain key.

Your Account - API Configuration

Make sure the domain that you specify to be licensed in the domain you plan on embedding the feed on. Once approved for a domain key, you can follow the instructions in
the "Embed Feed in a Web page" section on your feed owner page.

Note that if users want an unbranded way to imbed their feeds, they need to contact me to license the process for doing so. In addition, RadioReference reserves the right to update and include information and links back to RadioReference within the resulting embedded player and text. In return, users get the free ability to embed their feeds on their pages.

Folks, you spoke and we listened. Have fun!!!

Warm regards,

Last edited:

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Wow Lindsay. That's great! You and the Audio Team are sure doing a great job! I bet alot of feed providers will LOVE this feature. :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I hope its allowed, but I made mine a popup window that somebody gets to when they click on my audio icon. I didn't have my own players plastered on my main page, so I really didn't want to plaster this one on the main page either.

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Lindsay, is it possible to have multiple domain keys for embedding the same feed on multiple sites? I'd like to have a friend's local feed embedded on my site, without it restricting his ability to embed the same feed on another site in the future if he chose to do so.

brandon

Database Admin
Lindsay, this is excellent news. Quick question: is it possible to create a playlist, so we can list all of our feeds in the same player?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,

I applaud your efforts and response to members' concerns. The ability for the feed providers to mirror the feed on their own site allows them to maintain or establish their own identity as a feed provider without having to establish their own infrastructure, while at the same time, providing exposure for Radio Reference, which I'm sure will bring more visitors that never knew it existed (hard to believe, yes) to the site to help promote the hobby. Great Job :)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You need a domain key for each separate site. Apply for one, and use his FeedId and you'll be good to go.

Awesome, worked like a charm!

Here's an idea, how about allowing it to accept the ctid variable in place of/in addition to the feedId variable? This would allow the embedded player to essentially mirror the playlist on the county pages, showing all feeds for that particular county and allowing people to choose between them. Of course, if we could create custom playlists for the embedded player, that would be even more ideal.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's an idea that we can certainly consider. However the focus for this process was to get feed providers the ability to embed their feed on their Web site. Let's let this progress a little further before we add to much more.

Give ya in inch.. and you'll want a.... :)

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Awesome, worked like a charm!

Here's an idea, how about allowing it to accept the ctid variable in place of/in addition to the feedId variable? This would allow the embedded player to essentially mirror the playlist on the county pages, showing all feeds for that particular county and allowing people to choose between them. Of course, if we could create custom playlists for the embedded player, that would be even more ideal.

I've gotta disagree on this one....you're paying for your equipment, i.e. scanner, computer, internet connection. Lindsay is paying the server fees and bandwidth costs. For him to allow you to mirror your feeds is a concession that makes good business sense. If you're allowed to mirror the county or state, you then become subsidized competition, as you are using other people's equipment, server space and hosting without contributing anything to those feeds, and the threat of taking visitors away from Radio Reference increases substantially, so there is no benefit to Radio Reference.

I know that many here are aware of how much of a supporter I was of this concept, and I can't say how happy I am to see it come to realization, but you do have to realize that there are limitations to what you're going to get. You're not paying a hosting fee, as was the intended business plan for those who wanted to mirror the feed on their own site, so sit back and enjoy what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.