New Java Web Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

As some of you are aware, we rolled out a new Java Web player that provides better stability for feeds and displays alpha tags. Please provide feedback here regarding this player. it isn't perfect, but we're hoping this will be a nice replacement in the future for the online Web player that is currently flash based.

To access the new player, choose "Java Web Player" on the player selection. Premium Subscribers can now choose this player as the default player selection.

Let's limit discussion on this thread to feedback only regarding this currently deployed Java player. Unfortunately, I cannot address any feature enhancements regarding this player at this time, so please keep that in mind as you post.

Thanks!

tbutler0330

New Java Player

The new java player is not working for me, I like the old one because it is much simpler to use and also the web player is wonderful that is the best way to do it, the site would be better if the web player was the primary again. Hope my feedback helped.

Tyler Butler
First Responders of Clarksville
Director

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The new java player is not working for me, I like the old one because it is much simpler to use and also the web player is wonderful that is the best way to do it, the site would be better if the web player was the primary again. Hope my feedback helped.

The web player is still the primary player... we never changed that, just added a few player as a choice.

When you say "not working for me" - what does that mean?

SCPD

QRT
Here is what happens if people listen to this on dial up when we had the web player open up on the page you could listen to it with minamal buffering since only 1 page had to be open now it just buffers all the time.

I will only be affected for the next couple of days since i will be getting high speed internet inside the house.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Nice! More motivation for me to "get around to it" and add ID tags. Most of the players I've tried before didn't support them, so not much point 'til now...

Just saw the new player this morning, it came up just fine on my work WinXP machine. I'll try it on OSX and Linux later.

hvscan

My embedded web players were working fine about 10 minutes ago and now they are not working. Is this due to the new web player rollout?

luke-1

Running with Windows 7...

"live" listener count is nice.

It did briefly show feed status as "offline" in red even though it wasn't.
The timer was still running and sound coming through.

Time to get my alpha tags up as well.

jobes

Feed Provider
Did it just switch back to the old Java Player? Ive been listening all day and the players stopped and it just said something about applet player. Now selecting the Java Web Player brings up the original web player.

UPDATE/The new Java player is coming up now.

Last edited:

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
As someone else noted, works fine on my MBP (10.6 / Firefox). And currently listening on my Linux netbook (Ubuntu 9.10 / Firefox).

Kinda funny to see "Winamp" on OSX and Linux though... ;)

jeffm12671

java web player still needs work

The new web player, as with the old version, still needs work. The feed only lasted for about 6-8 minutes and then went dead. The only luck I ever have with listening to a feed, is through my Windows Media Player.

jpf411

Works just fine for me.. just looks like a WinAmp player .. I see no I.D. tags though. Wasn't that one of the major upgrade features?
J Fischer.. Portage County, OH

lfd8e4

The new java player seems to work well on my Mac OSX 10.6.2. I did notice a few times that when I had 3 java players, of different scanners open and playing, that with out any reason they all changed to the same player. I had to close them out and re open them to get back to the individual original scanners. Otherwise they seem stable. I do wish the window could be enlarged...I have to use my glasses when working of my laptop, more than when using the web player. Keep up the great work Lindsay.

rwmitchell

Feed Provider
New Player

I've been using the new player all day. I have had no problems and simply love the Alpha display. I noticed on two of my computers I was able to display the "PL" or play list. On the other two, it would not display. That is a function of the display settings thought and not the player.

Audio is great and it seems to run faster than the old players.

Bottom line, It's Great! Good Work to evryone.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.