Special Event Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4trqjedi

Feed Provider
I am wanting to apply for a Special Event feed for use for an upcoming Amateur Radio event (and for use for future special events). I am currently hosting two feeds now but when I click to apply for this new Special Event feed I get the following message:

NOTE: This application is for new feed providers ONLY and should not be used to request a feed be added for your location.

So, if I am reading this correctly then I am not use this application to apply to add an additional feed? If this is the case then what is the procedure for applying to add an additional feed? Just a little confused here and wanted to get clarification before proceeding.

Thank you!
Arthur
N4TRQ

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
NO that message applys to people submitting application to request a feed be added for their county which they are not going to broadcast themselves. Go ahead and apply for the special event feed and please include as much info as possible. It makes our job a lot easier and your feed approved a lot faster.

Thank you.

talkpair

Would a blizzard or blizzard warning meet the criteria for a "special event" ?

Things are coming together here in the midwest for a major snowstorm, and considering a week long broadcast.

I'd consider a full-time stream, but my upload bandwidth is maxed at times.

n4trqjedi

Feed Provider
Yes, if a special net were set up for some major weather event/disaster and I had the available equipment to monitor this net. This feed is categorized for Amateur Radio and currently, from time to time set it up temporarily with D-Star Reflector audio to keep the feed active and from being deleted. I first set it up last year for the Shamrock Marathon and intend on doing it again for this years event.

Thanks!
Arthur
N4TRQ

talkpair

I was think more of a temporary public safety feed.

After Feb 1, 2011's record traffic on RR, it might be the time to think about the pros and cons of temporary feeds for special events such as a major storm.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
What did RR top out as for Max listeners during the blizzard on the 1st?

Keep up the good work Lindsay and crew, i'm sure some of the Google gods would love to have Lindsay and the admins expertise to use.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.