RR Winamp connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Just FYI, appears to be a problem with using winamp to connect to RR feeds. It won't connect at all, just gets stuck on "Connecting to host". The web player worked fine for me though, appears to affecting other users also as the listener total is drastically down from what it normally is.

The EQ listeners would probably be a lot higher as well.

Jason

rbm

I'm having the same problem.

Other players seem to work but Winamp does not.

I had to close Winamp and restart it to get it working again.

Last edited:

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Yah I just restarted winamp and tried firing up a feed, initially it gave me an "access denied" error, but I just hit play again and it connected fine.

Jason

richtidd

Database Admin
Just FYI, appears to be a problem with using winamp to connect to RR feeds. It won't connect at all, just gets stuck on "Connecting to host". The web player worked fine for me though, appears to affecting other users also as the listener total is drastically down from what it normally is.

The EQ listeners would probably be a lot higher as well.

Jason

We had a server crash that has effected things so this may also be an effect of the crash.

I have the same WinAmp connection issues.

Lindsay is working on the issue.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I am having the same problems to my PC that runs my scanner feed has scanner cast running in the start up file, but everythime it installs windows update at night it will not reload the program, what the heck so it could be a few hours before I see it or can fix it, I belive some kind of support is needed for this, I want my feed up and runninin 24/7 and I have a scanner and a PC up and running just for this feed but I can not sit on top of it 24 /7.....

Scandxer

I am having the same problems to my PC that runs my scanner feed has scanner cast running in the start up file, but everythime it installs windows update at night it will not reload the program, what the heck so it could be a few hours before I see it or can fix it, I belive some kind of support is needed for this, I want my feed up and runninin 24/7 and I have a scanner and a PC up and running just for this feed but I can not sit on top of it 24 /7.....

Not sure if I understand your issue correctly but..

Maybe you should just turn off the "auto installing of windows updates" feature and just install the new updates manually once they are downloaded and you are notified in the taskbar?

n0nhp

For the last year I have been running a XPsp3 machine that has no virus/malware protection, nor does it update. It has no keyboard or monitor so the only access is via remote desktop.
Knock on wood, I have only had to re-boot once in that year and any downtime on my feeds has been due to ISP problems or RR problems.
The thing to remember is that that machine does not even have a browser or email client in it. It sits behind a firewall and feeds the audio.
If you have a dedicated feed machine, and are feeling brave, you might give it a try. All the re-boot problems and restart problems seem to come with updates.

Bruce

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
WinAmp and RR not playing well together

For the last year I have been running a XPsp3 machine that has no virus/malware protection, nor does it update. It has no keyboard or monitor so the only access is via remote desktop.
Knock on wood, I have only had to re-boot once in that year and any downtime on my feeds has been due to ISP problems or RR problems.
The thing to remember is that that machine does not even have a browser or email client in it. It sits behind a firewall and feeds the audio.
I pretty much have the same thing. I've been running private feeds for months, with no problems. I can log into my feeds witn WinAmp and it will stay connected (for days) until I stop it.

When I started to provide feeds to RR, I could not get WinAmp to stay connected. Over the past weekend I ran into the same issues as described in this thread. It won't connect; says server busy or not available; or it connects only to drop out soon thereafter.

I can connect to my feeds remotely with WinAmp with zero problems, from several locations and using different computers. The only issue is when I try to connect through RR. The only thing I have not tested is connecting to my RR feeds from another Internet connection. I started a thread last week on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.