Server side issue - timing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

I use the most up to date version of scannercast and the status tab says I'm connected to the scanner, and it says it is sending to audio1.radioreference.com and the audio page shows 4 listeners but my winamp is not connecting to the server, it's timing out.

My blackberry is also timing out so I know it's not my ISP. Then I tried another feed for someone else and it's doing the same thing with their's. Sits there connecting and then times out. The other feed was for Jackson Police and Fire, Jackson MS. My feed is Jackson County Public Safety, MS

This would seem to be a server side issue, can an audio admin take a look at this for me? Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I tried Chicago PD which has 149 listeners using winamp and it did the same thing, timed out, and then I used the web player and it took an enormous amount of time to complete the connection. More than usual, but it connected, and then I tried my feed with the web player and it too connected but only after letting it sit there for longer than usual. So possibly a buffering issue???

Last edited:

nexus

Don't know if someone fixed it or what, but it's working now. Winamp is now loading up the feed almost instantly and my listener count has jumped from 2 to 7 now. So if someone did look at the issue and do something, THANKS.... :)

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
There appears to be a problem with one of the two servers that relays the audio to players, I let Lindsay know about the problem.

If your player or app fails to connect have it try again, each time you connect there's a 50% chance of being connected to the server that's working fine.

-- Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.