M-Audio 1010LT & Broadwave Streaming Audio Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

WR9A

Feed Provider
The Live Audio Wiki here on RR talks about alternative streaming software to provide a feed. In particular, it mentions using Broadwave Streaming Audio Server in conjunction with M-Audio 1010LT sound card.

I have the 1010LT installed (in XP) and it is working just fine. I also have the Broadstream software installed and it appears to work fine, as well. I can connect to my audio stream with no problem.

Here's my question: How can I use the Broadstream software to provide the RR feeds? I can find no provision within the Broadstream software to "send" the stream to a particular URL. It merely acts as an audio streaming server itself.

Anyone have any experience using this combo? Why the mention on the RR Live Audio wiki about these 2 products being used to provide a feed? Are there some instructions about the Broadstream software on RR I'm not finding?

--
Stephen M. Parker, WR9A

richtidd

Database Admin
The Live Audio Wiki here on RR talks about alternative streaming software to provide a feed. In particular, it mentions using Broadwave Streaming Audio Server in conjunction with M-Audio 1010LT sound card.

I have the 1010LT installed (in XP) and it is working just fine. I also have the Broadstream software installed and it appears to work fine, as well. I can connect to my audio stream with no problem.

Here's my question: How can I use the Broadstream software to provide the RR feeds? I can find no provision within the Broadstream software to "send" the stream to a particular URL. It merely acts as an audio streaming server itself.

Anyone have any experience using this combo? Why the mention on the RR Live Audio wiki about these 2 products being used to provide a feed? Are there some instructions about the Broadstream software on RR I'm not finding?

--
Stephen M. Parker, WR9A

As with any streaming software, you input the needed feed paramaters into the software.

You find the needed info in the technicals tab of your feed page.
Look for the Feed Technical Details (Advanced) section.

You also input the feed description.

WR9A

Feed Provider
Yes, I understand how the process works and have my feed up and running with Scannercast. But what I don't understand is how Broadwave Audio Stream Server can be used to provide feeds to RR. There isn't any provision in the software that I can find to specify a location to "push" it to.

Broadwave is an audio streaming server and I can connect to it on my own machine, but is it able to be used to provide feeds to RR? After being mentioned on the RR Live Audio wiki as alternate software to use, one would assume it can be used to provide the streams to RR.

I have no problem continuing to use Scannercast, but it would be nice if I could use Broadwave to feed multiple streams to RR.
--
Stephen M. Parker

richtidd

Database Admin
Yes, I understand how the process works and have my feed up and running with Scannercast. But what I don't understand is how Broadwave Audio Stream Server can be used to provide feeds to RR. There isn't any provision in the software that I can find to specify a location to "push" it to.

Broadwave is an audio streaming server and I can connect to it on my own machine, but is it able to be used to provide feeds to RR? After being mentioned on the RR Live Audio wiki as alternate software to use, one would assume it can be used to provide the streams to RR.

I have no problem continuing to use Scannercast, but it would be nice if I could use Broadwave to feed multiple streams to RR.
--
Stephen M. Parker

What I sent was for a general push feed to us.

You are correct in that Broadwave is server software.
This means a different connection we make to you to pull the feed from you.

I will e-mail your separately with the detials.

However, why not just use another instance of ScannerCast?
See here for how: Multiple Feed Configuration

WR9A

Feed Provider
After considering the angles, I think using Broadwave is probably more trouble than it's worth. I will stick with using Scannercast as it seems very stable and has a very small memory/resource footprint on my system.

Sorry to bother you with the questions, but I appreciate your quick response! Thanks!

(Now if I can just figure out why my RR feed won't stream on my cellphone. Other RR feeds work great on my phone, and my RR feed works fine on a PC. But the Droid (Scanner Radio) will do nothing with my feed except buffer, then disconnect and reconnect. No streaming occurs!)
--
Stephen M. Parker, WR9A

Status
Not open for further replies.