Emergency Maintenance Scheduled for Thursday 11/11/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey folks,

As you may be aware, we've been experiencing some problems with our relay servers over the past few days which are causing clients to disconnect every few hours or so. We believe we've isolated the problem and expect to roll out fixes tomorrow morning, Thursday, from 6:00 AM to 12:00 Noon CST.

Components of the audio system may be unavailable during that timeframe tomorrow. We don't expect to be completely down during those times but we will be using the maintenance window to implement fixes, which will cause intermittent availablilty during that timeframe.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

fredva

Feed Provider
Just FYI, I've been listening to a feed for three hours this evening without a disconnect. I haven't been able to do that for awhile.

Cannot connect at the moment, although we are still a few hours away from scheduled maintenance.. I'm getting (PUSH error 101) when scannercast tries to connect. Could this be related?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
At 21:40 local time (23:40 CST) I got a message that one of my feeds was disconnected. I thought it might be related to this scheduled work, but I see the work is over 6 hours away. It would be alright with me if the work happens sooner so that these issues go away.

Thanks Lindsay.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Feeds

At 21:40 local time (23:40 CST) I got a message that one of my feeds was disconnected. I thought it might be related to this scheduled work, but I see the work is over 6 hours away. It would be alright with me if the work happens sooner so that these issues go away.

Thanks Lindsay.

Don't feel lonesome, One of my feeds won't connect and the other is running fine.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The audio3 server went down as of about an hour ago.

Joker_NY

Premium Subscriber
Audio 3 downtime. Unknown status.

I am still unable to get my feed to sync with audio3.rr.com Please provide an email to feeds on this machine if you would. Not much fun working in the tech world. So if there is anything us providers can do to help let us know!

Thanks,
Brendan G.

sharward

Yup -- my feed is down too. I'm getting the following error in ScannerCast:
ScannerCast PUSH Error 101

Failed to connect to Icecast Server: audio3.radioreference.com/145003018
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 174.129.7.206:8000

Retry: Continues trying to connect (no further connection error messages will be displayed)

Cancel: Stops trying to connect to the Icecast server and mount point named above.

{Retry} {Cancel}
I clicked "Retry," so hopefully it will establish a connection once the receiver is back up and running.

Yuup I'm on that list too...

Same push 101 error here on my end too when I try to connect the feed up. I too clicked retry in hope that it will auto connect when the repairs are completed.

milan

Same error here and we have one of the biggest storms in years rolling in, it would be nice to be able to broadcast the event

sharward

. . . we have one of the biggest storms in years rolling in, it would be nice to be able to broadcast the event
I'm sure whatever motivation you have to get your feed back online is dwarfed a thousand fold by the motivation our RadioReference Live Feed Admins to restore functionality and stability on their system.

Let's give these guys some credit. The investment of time and money in this resource is amazing. While there is certainly advertising on this site, which I hope is lucrative for its owners, I'm sure this is more of a labor of love than anything else.

The intent of my post is to inform fellow feed providers that this seems to be a widespread issue -- not to apply pressure for a fix.

Let's all exercise some patience and not lose sight what a privilege we have here. Sometimes it takes losing something, even if just for a little while, to fully appreciate its value. :)

hitmaninpa

i am also recieving the same error message and clicked retry hopefully back up n running soon.

i also recieved an email notifying me of feed being offline for 6hours hope that is automated

Status
Not open for further replies.