Norton Antivirus detecting false positive in embeded RR play list after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
This is something very strange, this morning after my Symantec Endpoint Protection (the new name for Norton Antivirus) did a automatic update of virus definitions, now whenever I reload my website, my Norton Antivirus claims that my embeded player from RR for my scanner feed has a virus and it blocks the play list of my Scanner feed from showing on the player.The virus that it claims is present on the player is " HTTP zombie toolkit". This is 1. either a brand new virus threat just unleashed or 2. a false postive and a problem with the latest virus definitions from Symantec. I am inclined to think it is the latter, since this problem just started this morning after my Norton Antvirus/Symantec End Point Protection version 11 ran an automatic definition update. My problem is how do I get my Notton to ignore this false threat and allow the display of the play list in my embeded player from RR?

If anyone else is having this problem this morning, please respond

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
Update

As of 12 noon cst today all over the internet various websites are reporting that Norton Antivirus's latest definitions (that were sent out today) is causing Norton Antivirus to report false positives of some of their content as "Zoombie Exploit Toolkit" . In my first post this morning I stated that, with this problem that Norton would not allow the displaying of my scanner feed in the playlist of my embeded player from RR, in my own website. I can now confirm that disabling Norton does allow my scanner feed to be displayed in the playlist once again. Since this is a wide spread problem effecting many websites, I expect that Symantec will issuse a update fix for this in less then 48 hours.

Confuzzled

Like I always tell people,

Step 1: DELETE NORTON!! You may have to reformat your HD and re-install your O/S to completely get rid of it.

Step 2: Get a real anti-virus program.

Status
Not open for further replies.