Unusual Feed Down Notification Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I'm receiving some randomly timed "feed down" notification emails...

Each notification email is advising my feed was down at such and such time but I never get a following email advising me my feed is back online, as I did in the past (my feed is set to automatically resume when it can, so 99% of the time it's back online by the time I get the email).

Another odd thing is the timing. In the past my feed down notifications would say "Last seen 16 min ago..." and 16 min was the standard. Recently I've seen 17, 30 and 34 min notifications, though never the standard 16 min anymore. Again, my feeds are always back online by the time I check my email and I don't receive the "back online" emails anymore.

I'm also not getting feed down emails when I know my feed goes down for extended periods. Yesterday our power went out after a much needed rain. My computer restarted and was waiting at the login screen when I came home. I never rec'd a feed down email. I did get a feed down email this morning ("Last seen 30 min ago"), at 2:14am but it doesn't appear that my feed was down then, it was online when I woke up, and I never rec'd the "back online" email. I know it wasn't offline because the audio archive caught audio, and it didn't archive during our power outage yesterday, where the archives skip about 30 min time.

What gives?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I got a "feed down for 30 minutes" notification this morning - immediately after "feed down for 16 minutes" and "feed back online" (in that order). I am over 5000 km away right now vacationing, so I can't exactly check, but I am able to connect to the feed on BBScanner and it appears to be up from the web interface here.

I would wager it probably has something to do with the audio6 server cratering in the past couple of weeks.

I figured that the first two "feed down/feed up" notifications I got last night were as a result of my PC rebooting after applying Microsoft's usual "Calamity Tuesday" updates.

wrenchmonkey

They had a major outage last nite, that's probably it. It showed everybody down with 0 listeners, even though they wrere all streaming and there were listeners. I got the notification even though I showed as online.

wrenchmonkey

Mines been doing the same, as shown in my other posts. It got worse after the server crash on 6/30. They seem to think it just has to be my connection, and nothing else.

bradmc

Feed Provider
Me also

I've never received a feed-down email notification. My feed goes down at least once every couple weeks, sometimes more often, due to the flakey vmware linux instance I'm running it on. I either discover it on my own, or somebody will report it to me. I keep thinking I'll mention it to radioreference.com admin, but I have yet to actually report it. Since others are mentioning it, I thought I'd chime in.

Last edited:

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I received it about 3 days ago around 3am eastern time the 16min then 30min then back online again, mean while in my radiofeed log it was never down. lol

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I received it about 3 days ago around 3am eastern time the 16min then 30min then back online again, mean while in my radiofeed log it was never down. lol

The source client may or may not log errors depending on where the problem is. If the problem is from the computer running the source client to the RR relay server then errors will be logged. If the problem is from the relay server to one of the audio1(2,3, etc) servers then no errors will be logged.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I'm fine with that Lindsay, just thought I'd share what happened with my feed. I'm not worried.. Maybe some people need to switch to Regular coffee instead of decalf.. :)

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Folks, we're not sure what happened in this case. Chalk it up as something abnormal happened.

Not happened... is happening. I got another one this morning. No "Feed Down" email just a "Feed back online" email. I seem to be getting these at 2:14 am a lot (coincidence?). I'm not harping or flaming but this is annoying...

I hate getting to work and seeing that my feed might be down (only to see it's not) or to see that it might have been down (when it apparently wasn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.