Windows 8 owners, your help is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

Sir,

I tested the maps and web player using Internet Explorer on Win 8, and all appears to work, however there is one very slight glitch in the web player. The audio level indicator seems to flicker, but it does display the proper audio level as the audio comes through. Hope that helps!

Dan

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
Win 8

I am using Windows 8 Just checked everything out with Firefox and I see no Issues. All seems to be well. Even Scancast works great with it.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Sir,

I tested the maps and web player using Internet Explorer on Win 8, and all appears to work, however there is one very slight glitch in the web player. The audio level indicator seems to flicker, but it does display the proper audio level as the audio comes through. Hope that helps!

Dan

Audio Level flickers on Windows 7 too.

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
There does seem to be a problem with the flash content when using IE Version 10. I received the following message:

----------------------------------------
The site you opened is not on the Compatibility View (CV) list

Flash Player is embedded in both Modern IE and Desktop IE. The Compatibility View (CV) list enables compatible rich media content in Modern IE.

If the content is not playing in Modern IE, it possible that it isn't in the CV list. In this case, you can view your content in Modern IE in Desktop Mode.

1. Swipe from the bottom or top edge to reveal the application bar.

2. Open the Tools menu and select View On The Desktop.
-----------------

I haven't explored any further, but can if needed, it seems as if the new IE 10 won't currently let you view the site in the new "Touch" environment, but forces you to use the IE 10 "desktop mode"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/jj193557(v=vs.85).aspx

Regards,

Last edited:

RolnCode3

IE10 and Chrome, both map and web players work no problem. Java web player too.

*ETA* after reading the previous reply, I must add that I am almost completely in the desktop environment, and have removed almost all of the Metro apps. Both Chrome and IE are on the desktop side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.