'unable to connect to socket' error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
My feed, link above, has been getting 'unable to connect to socket' error for a half hour now.

I am posting this through the same ISP provider's connection as my feed. In over 4 years of providing this feed, this is a first.....

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Because my feed is not connecting, my badge for feed provider has predictably disappeared.

Can admins or those in the know give me some info? I have no Private Messages and no notifications.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Looks like the domain "scanamerica.us' expired at godaddy Dec. 7, 2012, found that when I tried to go to scanamerica.us in a browser.

Can anyone tell me why noone else's feed disconnected, and what I should use in the IP field in my config now that scanamerica.us expierd?

Tweekerbob

Looks like the domain "scanamerica.us' expired at godaddy Dec. 7, 2012, found that when I tried to go to scanamerica.us in a browser.

Can anyone tell me why noone else's feed disconnected, and what I should use in the IP field in my config now that scanamerica.us expierd?

ScanAmerica was migrated over to RadioReference several years ago.

How to fix:

Go into the Owner Management page for your feed on RadioReference.

Then click on the Technicals tab towards the top of the page.

Here you will find the new server address, port number, mount point for your feed and password.

Change your streaming/encoding software to reflect this new information and you should be in business.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
ScanAmerica was migrated over to RadioReference several years ago.

How to fix:

Go into the Owner Management page for your feed on RadioReference.

Then click on the Technicals tab towards the top of the page.

Here you will find the new server address, port number, mount point for your feed and password.

Change your streaming/encoding software to reflect this new information and you should be in business.
Thanks, since trying this early in the day today, I have tried what is on my feed page for the new server address audio1.radioreference.com, audio3.radioreference.com, and no go.

Finally, I blanked out and re-typed everything on the streaming/encoding software config page. That was the silver bullet.

As I said above, everything always worked, until the GoDaddy domain expired Friday.

Thanks again.

Stavro35

My feed is back up and running. I was so afraid I'd lost it for good for whatever reason. Thanks again for the heads up on the information needed to get my feed back up.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
The scanamerica.us domain name was renewed this morning, this should solve the problem where old ScanAmerica.us feeds which are still using Oddcast/Edcast were no longer able to connect. It might take a little bit for the renewal to propagate out.

Status
Not open for further replies.