Buzzing sound in feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottybo14

I have a buzzing in the background of my feed. I've looked up options on how to fix it but I'm not sure exactly what the difference in my problem and others are. I've seen anywhere from a 3.5mm Mono cable to a more powerful AC adapter or ground loop isolator.

Using a Pro 163 base thru a Line-In port with what is presumably a 3.5 stereo cable. Line in volume is at 4 on PC, using radio for main volume source.

My feed: Mobile County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS

Thanks

emt_531

Is it a PC or a laptop that you are running your feed through? Even with a ground loop isolator on a lappy you still get that humming sound.

When I first started my feed I had the same problem. I checked my surge protector, the forums,my audio mixer settings and my cables. I was going crazy trying to get it right. I was using scan cast for the feed, I switched to Radio Feed and played with mixer again. It seemed to be the Mic boost, it needed to be turned off. Here are some Wiki links for you to look at, Good luck and I hope this helps!

RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki Setting up your Broadcasting Station - The RadioReference Wiki

Brian
N3sgu

Inssomniak

I had a buzz too, not bad but it bugged me, I bought a ground loop isolator and the buzz disappeared. 3 bux on ebay..

wtp

60 cycle hum maybe

have you tries running the radio on batteries ?
or try a radio that can be run on batteries

Last edited:

Rob1956

Feed Provider
One possibility: I had the same problem. Bought a new "wall wart" power supply for my scanner and the buzzing disappeared. The transformers in those power supplies go bad.

Eng3ineer

have you tries running the radio on batteries ?
or try a radio that can be run on batteries

One possibility: I had the same problem. Bought a new "wall wart" power supply for my scanner and the buzzing disappeared. The transformers in those power supplies go bad.

If you can i'd rig up something to make the scanner run off batteries it'd be well worth a try and would let you know if wall wart is bad.

My older Pro 90 that I use for my Fire Feed started buzzing. I did everything that I could think as well with no luck at all. I then found a past post on here on wall warts. So put batteries in it then unplugged it from connection and the buzzing stopped. I've since got rid of all my wall warts now run all my scanners, radios off a 12 volt power supply.

I've also had the power supply on one my feed laptops good bad do the same thing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.