Audio Feed Commercialization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Just an observation;

E-dispatches in just in the beginning stages IMHO of making significant in roads into the Audio Feed market especially here at Broadcastify. As a commercial company, E-dispatches has the where with all and finances to grow and expand exponentially. Not that I am against free enterprise and entrepreneurship and right now because a huge amount of current audio feeds that are supported by many individuals.

However my concern is for the "little guy"supplying the feed.
What is the chance of company like E-dispatches having a major piece if not 90+ % in the near future (a matter of a few years) of the Audio Feed market pie? Perhaps it's their goal?

I don't know but its something to think about. Open for discussion. What do you think?

Max:cool:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
powermax, is this what you're referring to by 'E-Dispatches'?

https://www.edispatches.com/features/what-is-it/

Yes, This is a commercial service offering different payment plans to members depending on the size or members in the group to be reached.
I would not be surprised if there is indeed a commercial business arrangement/contract between them and Broadcastify. That's their business of course.

Right now any one can listen to any audio feed for free. Again, my concern is the impact on the future of audio streaming. It may be in the near future you will have to pay to listen any particular feed if and only if this venue goes completely commercial That's all:roll:.

From their web site:

"FiremanAn Emergency Notification System for Fire / EMS / Police

Our reliable emergency notification system will help you and your members receive dispatch
notifications and never miss a call.

1. Automated Dispatch Notifications
Actual audio dispatch via phone call, text message or app notification.
2. Mass Messaging
Inform members privately about meetings, training or other critical items. Delivery methods include text message or phone call.
3. CAD Relay System
Ensure reliable text message delivery from your CAD to your phones via our proprietary system.
4. Streaming
Live broadcast of real time radio audio via the Internet. Members tune in virtually anywhere via computer or smart phone.
"

Disclaimer: This posting is not negative statement on the policies and/ or the business practices of Brodcastify and / or Edispatches for they both provide services to their customer base, depending on the lever of service requested for a fee. They are what they are.

Max:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonk

Feed Provider
E-Dispatches does not use Broadcastify .... They use the Subscriber's own feed that they have to provide. Its a basic concept ...they are using software similar to Two-Tone Detect - but the subscriber has to provide the audio and tone information. You couldnt base a major Commercial business on the Free Audio feeds that may come and go at a moments notice on Broadcastify .... I think your fear may be due tio a misunderstanding of how they work.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Wait, so I gotta pay $80 a month, provide my own tone info and scanner??? If anyone wants this kind of setup for free, PM me and Ill give you instruction on how to setup twotonedetect. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.