Flash Player now an optional player

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I’ve brought back the flash player as a player option. Users can also set the flash player as their default player if they prefer in their MyRR settings.

The default web player has now been renamed to “HTML5 Web Player”

Thanks,

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Why doesn't the HTML5 player do alpha tags? Since you guys refuse to update the SSL certificate in the Java player (which basically means anyone running J7U51 or higher can't run it), there's nothing that works with alpha tags anymore without having to use Winamp.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Why doesn't the HTML5 player do alpha tags? Since you guys refuse to update the SSL certificate in the Java player (which basically means anyone running J7U51 or higher can't run it), there's nothing that works with alpha tags anymore without having to use Winamp.

I use VLC Media Player to listen to feeds with tags. Works better than Winamp IMO.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator

There is no support in any HTML5 player for alpha tags (MP3 idv3 tags), however, I'm investigating pulling alpha tags from our audio servers and displaying manually in the browser window. No ETA, but there might be a solution available.

I'll have look at the SSL certificate issue for the Java player, however we may be at the mercy of the developer of that very very old player.

Winamp, VLC, iTunes all support MP3 tags.. there are lots of options.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I'll have look at the SSL certificate issue for the Java player, however we may be at the mercy of the developer of that very very old player.

That might explain why I have had issues with secure browsing the site. I had written it off as to the site not having spent the money on a certificate.

Sent via Tapatalk

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Still doesn't address the problem. When I'm on a computer that's not mine and isn't allowed to install VLC (eg: a work computer), it would be nice to be able to use the Java player. It is a simple fix and the issue has been complained about for nearly a year now, yet they refuse to address it.

JonnoN

for the record, the HTML5 player doesn't work in Firefox on Linux. It does work in Chrome.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
for the record, the HTML5 player doesn't work in Firefox on Linux. It does work in Chrome.

If a user reports a problem in the forum and the admins don't care enough to respond, is it really a problem? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.