"Coming Soon" feed status vs "permanently down" feed-note

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Good evening Broadcastify Admins,

It seems that the feed Charlottesville Police, Fire, and EMS has a status "Coming Soon", but also has a note
"IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ HERE: due to lack of support from listeners this feed is no longer available.

If you can, please clarify whether or not the "Coming Soon" status indicates that a replacement feed application has been received and is pending, or whether you expect the feed to automatically drop-off the list at the end of the normal inactivity-interval.

Thanks for your time and clarification,

ibagli

Feeds that are offline for more than two weeks are listed as "coming soon" on the feed page for some reason (they're deleted from the listing on the state and county pages but come back if they come online again during the third week). I guess it's just the default status for a feed that still exists and can be brought online but isn't listed. That feed went offline three weeks ago which means it's about to be deleted.

A replacement feed would be a totally new feed.

QDP2012

Thanks ibagli. I thought it might be something like that.

Thanks again,

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I went ahead and changed that status to "In transition" which better reflects that feed's state which is either:

- The feed has never come online yet
- The feed has been offline for more than two weeks and is about to be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.