Buy Scanner w/channel tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2STC

Feed Provider
Hello,
I am looking to buy a used scanner which supports sending channel ID to my feed. Any recommendations? I have been searching, but it doesn't seem to be a common feature or criterion for specifications.
Thanks,
Stan N2STC

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Uniden BCT15, BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCD996P2 are great feed scanners. They have the alpha tagging in addition to "record-out" basically plug n play which has a stable audio level. I use the BCD996XT for my feed. I originally used a BCT15, then BCT15X, and upgraded to the 996XT when digital came along.

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
I can second W8RMH's recommendations. I have used the same models he has with excellent results. I have used both the analog and digital versions for feed scanners and they work great. My public safety feed runs off of a BCD996T. If you don't need digital, you can pick up the BCT15s for as little as $125 if you watch your prices on eBay. I picked one up for $70 shipped!

N2STC

Feed Provider

Thank you for the replies! Much appreciated. Anyone know if there is a complete list of scanners supporting channel tags?

S

N2STC

Feed Provider
Interfacing the BCT-15

I can second W8RMH's recommendations. I have used the same models he has with excellent results. I have used both the analog and digital versions for feed scanners and they work great. My public safety feed runs off of a BCD996T. If you don't need digital, you can pick up the BCT15s for as little as $125 if you watch your prices on eBay. I picked one up for $70 shipped!

Hi,
I now have a BCT-15X, waiting for an interface cable. Does scanner cast support USB, or will I need to some how interface with RS-232?

Status
Not open for further replies.