Santa Rosa PD (CA) feed difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
He Just went offline again...there is (and was no contact information) that I could utilize to contact this individual...this is why i did not renew my premium subscription with this site. However, since I am unable to contact this individual and maybe offer my assistance ( since I am extremely savvy with computers) I am going to submit a request to this site and ask that I be allowed the position of being the exclusive provider for SRPD. I will keep you posted.

Thank you with regards:

T3k_Phr33k

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
I am sorry that you are having problems contacting the provider of that feed. Perhaps they are otherwise occupied with the real world out here.

While I cannot peak for the management here, however as a somewhat frequent visitor here, I think it's great if you added another feed that features the SRPD. Different listeners have different listening "needs." As to your getting exclusivity for providing this I personally think that's unlikely as others may have also wish for include SRPD in their feed. During times of increased radio activity, different people want to listen to different agencies.

Looking forward to your enhancing our feed selections.

XbiT

If you click on the Feed link you can see a Contact Broadcaster button that will allow you to send the feed provider a message. As a provider we get emails telling us when our feed goes offline.

SCPD

QRT
RR Member's Resp. RE: SRPD Feed difficulties

Thank you for your replies. First, I do understand that life goes on within each of our life's paths (I just got over being ill so I apologize for my tardy response). I do want to clarify, that it is not my wish to step on anyone's toes, nor is that my intention.

In response to lbfd09's post: When I first signed up for RadioReference (RR), I came across some rules regarding becoming a live feed provider, and RR stated a dislike for redundant feed providers. The area in which I am personally located, the feeds are pretty much covered (although I would like to have an exclusive SRPD feed).

In response to XBIT's post: When I open your profile and click on sending you a message, I always get a message that I don't have permission to access that feature ( i tried recently after your posting).

I do want to say that overall, I think you have done a good job at being a provider, it's simply frustrating that the RR site blocks the sending of messages ( I still do not know why). Anyways, since you are already aware of this thread, I work with computers, and am computer savvy, if there is anyway I can be of any assistance if you should run into a problem, please feel free to let me know. You should be able to lookup my email in my profile.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
T3k_Phr33k, the issue is you haven't posted to the forums three times yet, thus you are still set as a default moderated new user and cannot PM. This is to prevent commercial SPAM which the board gets a ton of, but never makes it to the general public's viewing because of the new user moderation.

With one more post you would have achieved this automatically, however, I went ahead and set your account to approved :)

If you want to host a similar feed, I would contact the Audio Admins and explain to them the issue and that you are willing to host. If you are only wanting to stream SRPD and nothing else, and there isn't currently a feed exclusive to SRPD, then that would be a different feed all together, thus not subject to the duplicate rule.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Reply 2 scannerfreak

Thank you for the info, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The SRPD feed difficulties thread was among my first postings (I did not know at the time that they would be moderator reviewed). Since my reply to you will be my 3rd posting, I will assume there will be no more problems. Once again, thank you everybody for your info and assistance, I really appreciate it.

T3k_Phr33k, the issue is you haven't posted to the forums three times yet, thus you are still set as a default moderated new user and cannot PM. This is to prevent commercial SPAM which the board gets a ton of, but never makes it to the general public's viewing because of the new user moderation.

With one more post you would have achieved this automatically, however, I went ahead and set your account to approved :)

If you want to host a similar feed, I would contact the Audio Admins and explain to them the issue and that you are willing to host. If you are only wanting to stream SRPD and nothing else, and there isn't currently a feed exclusive to SRPD, then that would be a different feed all together, thus not subject to the duplicate rule.

XbiT

Thank you for your replies. First, I do understand that life goes on within each of our life's paths (I just got over being ill so I apologize for my tardy response). I do want to clarify, that it is not my wish to step on anyone's toes, nor is that my intention.

In response to XBIT's post: When I open your profile and click on sending you a message, I always get a message that I don't have permission to access that feature ( i tried recently after your posting).

I do want to say that overall, I think you have done a good job at being a provider, it's simply frustrating that the RR site blocks the sending of messages ( I still do not know why). Anyways, since you are already aware of this thread, I work with computers, and am computer savvy, if there is anyway I can be of any assistance if you should run into a problem, please feel free to let me know. You should be able to lookup my email in my profile.

Not stepping on my toes. The computer its being streamed on keeps having random BSOD and looks like its the memory. So I have a new mobo and memory going in this weekend. Just have to copy little over a TB off a small chuck at a time since it BSOD on heavy file transfers.

richtidd

Database Admin

In response to lbfd09's post: When I first signed up for RadioReference (RR), I came across some rules regarding becoming a live feed provider, and RR stated a dislike for redundant feed providers. The area in which I am personally located, the feeds are pretty much covered (although I would like to have an exclusive SRPD feed).

Go and apply for a SRPD feed.

We dont have a SRPD feed.

The existing feed is Santa Rosa Police and Sonoma County Fire Zone 7 Dispatch

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
The existing feed is Santa Rosa Police and Sonoma County Fire Zone 7 Dispatch

The name of the feed was changed, it previously read "Santa Rosa Police". I've had it favorited for a couple years. The link still works, but the feed itself has been down for over a month so it has been removed from the lineup in Sonoma County.

Status
Not open for further replies.