Audio-REAL Radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Maybe he just wants to hear a feed coming from an actual digital radio? LOL, tough crowd...

The only one I know of for sure is the Cleveland, Ohio Police and Fire/EMS feed, as the system cannot be monitored by any scanners on the market. I'm certain there's others.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

jacobsmith said:
Does anyone know of any DIGITAL feeds that are broadcast via an actual radio? Not a scanner... thanks.

1) A scanner is an actual radio.

2) What are asking? Do you mean a feed of a P25 system? (Since there are no scanners that decode other digital systems, by themselves, at this time.)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Maybe he just wants to hear a feed coming from an actual digital radio? LOL, tough crowd...

The only one I know of for sure is the Cleveland, Ohio Police and Fire/EMS feed, as the system cannot be monitored by any scanners on the market. I'm certain there's others.

What a nice reply :) You should be proud that you didn't jump on the negative band wagon!

SCPD

QRT
What I think this person is asking are there any actual two way radios (base, mobile or portable) providing audio for a particular feed visa via the radio's external speaker jack, accessory port (8 -15+ pins or dispatcher's radio counsel etc).
Although today's scanners are very good to excellent with receive sensitivity, adjacent channel rejection they are still wide banded and can have there problems.
What would be the benefit of using two way radio. Usually, they are Band specific (Lo High VHF, UHF & 800 MHz) Though technology now allows radios to be wide and multi-banded. Since they are considered a professional product for actual in the field use. They are required and therefore have "tighter" specifications especially on their receive side with better receive and audio fidelity for both analog and non encrypted digital (P25, Edacs, Mototrobo etc) all depending on the radio.

I know some of the RR "Official Feeds" provided this way.

Hope this helps.

jacobsmith

What I think this person is asking are there any actual two way radios (base, mobile or portable) providing audio for a particular feed visa via the radio's external speaker jack, accessory port (8 -15+ pins or dispatcher's radio counsel etc).
Although today's scanners are very good to excellent with receive sensitivity, adjacent channel rejection they are still wide banded and can have there problems.
What would be the benefit of using two way radio. Usually, they are Band specific (Lo High VHF, UHF & 800 MHz) Though technology now allows radios to be wide and multi-banded. Since they are considered a professional product for actual in the field use. They are required and therefore have "tighter" specifications especially on their receive side with better receive and audio fidelity for both analog and non encrypted digital (P25, Edacs, Mototrobo etc) all depending on the radio.

I know some of the RR "Official Feeds" provided this way.

Hope this helps.

Thank you to both of you, those replies were very helpful!

I find it a waste of time for someone to say "Why would you need that?", well if you don't agree or find sense in a post then.............. don't reply! People rocking the boat... makes the world go 'round.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Thank you to both of you, those replies were very helpful!

I find it a waste of time for someone to say "Why would you need that?", well if you don't agree or find sense in a post then.............. don't reply! People rocking the boat... makes the world go 'round.

Anyone is allowed to respond to any post made. I find it a waste of time telling people "don't reply"

ac4jx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
lol Tampabay

These forums are amazing! Good thing you don't depend on this for real information.
There's always some clown asking "why" do you need to know this?
If they knew the answer to the question...why not just answer it??

ac4jx

Banned
Hi jacob

Does anyone know of any DIGITAL feeds that are broadcast via an actual radio? Not a scanner... thanks.
Seemed like a valid question to me! The others who ask why you need to know this, are just lonely.
If you asked them: "What color is your radio"?
They would respond with: "What is the current barometric pressure at your house"?
What size shoes do you wear?
What did you have for breakfast?
What is the current political situation in your area?

'Anything" except the answer!!! lol

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
These forums are amazing! Good thing you don't depend on this for real information.

pot, kettle, black

Why not just answer it rather then make 2 posts about people not answering?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
To the OP (jacobsmith) :

I don't know of any myself, but maybe you could locate one by checking the Live Audio listings here on RR, and look for the white star in a red circle next to a listing. That indicates that it is an official feed streamed by the agency itself, possibly by one of their radios. By cross checking those with the database listing for that agency, you could see if it is digital.

A bit of work, but just a thought.

To ac4jx:

Seemed like a valid question to me! The others who ask why you need to know this, are just lonely.
If you asked them: "What color is your radio"?
They would respond with: "What is the current barometric pressure at your house"?
What size shoes do you wear?
What did you have for breakfast?
What is the current political situation in your area?

'Anything" except the answer!!! lol

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about those lonely people that feel they have to respond to a thread with whining and complaining that offers no answer at all to the original poster's question. I agree, they are probably just clowns that like to listen to themselves type!

Oooooppps, wait a minute.... where's YOUR answer to the OP?

Oh Well, I guess we can add another one to the list !!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

why what difference does it make?
cheers
Matt

Why do you need to know this?

Anyone is allowed to respond to any post made. I find it a waste of time telling people "don't reply"

I find it a waste of time when some one asks a question, and I would like to see the answer, but instead have to read posts from others questioning why he wants to know.

Yes , anyone can respond to a post, but seriously, if someone is asking something, and you are not going to or can not answer it, keep your mouth shut. Simple as that...

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I used to do it with a Motorola Spectrum W7 with MPSCS but not any more.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes , anyone can respond to a post, but seriously, if someone is asking something, and you are not going to or can not answer it, keep your mouth shut. Simple as that...

That's some good advice there, Dave3825. Well worth reading aloud... LOL !

ac4jx

Banned
ac4jx

pot, kettle, black

Why not just answer it rather then make 2 posts about people not answering?
Put your money where your mouth is:
Have any idea how to get the Orange County, Florida Sheriff's department to follow the correct talk groups on the new system?
Our scanner group has been successful in defeating the audio encryption...but have reached a block on this part.
I have a feeling you don't have a clue...you just want to *****, while the rest of us work on the problem.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Have any idea how to get the Orange County, Florida Sheriff's department to follow the correct talk groups on the new system?

That question doesn't make sense.

Our scanner group has been successful in defeating the audio encryption...but have reached a block on this part.

Ahh - trolling...

I have a feeling you don't have a clue...you just want to *****, while the rest of us work on the problem.

My guess is someone else in that post doesn't have a clue ;)

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Ahh - trolling...

Unless he's talking about defeating simple voice inversion scrambling - which is nothing new - (assuming he knows the difference),

I agree with rdale 100%.... pure troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.