Regina Live Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire415

I'm putting a call out there for someone to reinstate the live Regina feed. The feed has been down now for a long time and I know of many people who miss it alot. It would be great if some one would step up and put the live feed back online. From reading posts in the past I got the impresion that colby4601 may have been the one streaming it. Is that true colby4601? If its a cost thing I would even consider helping with that. Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
I'm putting a call out there for someone to reinstate the live Regina feed.

There is usually a good reason for a feeds demise. In many cases it is because the feeds were not authorized by the originator of the communications, and this can cause many problems. Some feeds go away due to legal reasons (ie unauthorized feeds) and it is very likely that there is a very good reason that the feed is down and not functioning.

Unauthorized scanner feeds also often hurt the scanner community as a
whole .. so in many cases it is better that these feeds are not functioning.

I think you should just buy a scanner if you want to listen in Regina ..

bush_man

I have to agree edmscan, the feeds seem to be what gets the scanning community into hot water in the press, etc. I think it is cool listening to other cities, however, not everyone is honest and law abiding and it could potentially put the first responders at risk when the wrong people get a hold of this.

SCPD

QRT
I have to agree edmscan, the feeds seem to be what gets the scanning community into hot water in the press, etc. I think it is cool listening to other cities, however, not everyone is honest and law abiding and it could potentially put the first responders at risk when the wrong people get a hold of this.

It can be a problem when people just think that they will put their local law enforcement organization on the internet. It is fine if they get permission to do so, and there have been some examples of this.

However, when people just do it without thinking of the consequences, then it can be a problem.

When an organization feels threatened and feel that their officers are threatened by rogue scanner feeds there can be issues that are not good for the scanner community.

For example where I live in Alberta, our local law enforcement agency is going ProVoice, so no listening anymore via your scanner. So .. due to an unauthorized scanner feed, we all lose out and cannot monitor anymore our local law enforcement agency. Am I upset ... yes.

You just have to look at places like Winnipeg, Regina and Vancouver to see the future of scanner listening. We are slowly losing our hobby ... and for the most part these scanner feeds are not helping.

SCPD

QRT
Fire 415: Do not do this. With the police long ago encrypted, doing this will result in EVERYTHING being enc. here!

I think you have hit the nail on the head ... unauthorized scanner feeds more often than not do damage to the scanner community. Hopefully some people out there thinking about putting up a feed will pay attention.

scannerboy01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Perhaps, it would be a good idea before a feed is put on Radio Reference, proof of permission from the agency being broadcast must be provided.

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Perhaps, it would be a good idea before a feed is put on Radio Reference, proof of permission from the agency being broadcast must be provided.

The only issue is that RadioReference management feels that these scanner feeds are fine and you will NEVER get them to think otherwise.

There is a big difference between the prevailing feelings in the US versus what is happening here in Canada. One of the issues here is how the media uses the audio from the feeds here in Canada .. and how the organizations being monitored are feeling threatened by what the media does.

scannerboy01

It's just too bad that the feed providers don't ask the agency before broadcasting. My guess is that a few agencies wouldn't have gone encrypted if the person requesting permission to broadcast the radio communications asked and respected their decision to not have their radio communications broadcast or to only have certain channels/talk groups taken off the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.