2 minute buffering delay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methos

When I go to listen to any feed on my Blackberry, it delays in buffering for up to 2 minutes. This only happens while on my carrier signal, on wifi (my home network ) there is no delay. Is there anyway to remove this buffering or shorten it? Or am I stuck having to wait for delay? FWIW. My streaming radio buffers only about 18 seconds.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Is there anyway to remove this buffering or shorten it?

Get a better cell phone carrier or only listen when you're on wifi. There's nothing you can do when you have a bad mobile internet, it's only going to go as fast as it's going to go.

Methos

It hard when my carrier is defined "the best"in canada. We don't have LTE outside major centres. Although I'm getting full strength 3G+ when I do try to listen to the stream. It can't totally be the carrier as like I said my streaming 128k AAC format radio buffers only about 18 seconds on average.

Sent from my BlackBerry

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
You need to download an app to do speed tests on your wireless carrier.
Having Full strength means nothing. All that shows is that you have a strong carrier signal. It has nothing to do with the thruput your carrier has. That tower could have heavy loading causing extremely slow thruput. Or if your in the boonies it could be a tower with less overall capacity.
You pretty much answered your own question when you said on WiFi it loads fast but on cellular it loads slow.
Its a carrier issue, more to the point, location. Could be a tower or a region that is slow..

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
I would also add that 128kbps is complete overkill for a scanner feed. Because the scanner audio you're sampling is far far below "cd quality," I would recommend something like 16kpbs mono with a sampling rate of 22,500. Give it a shot, and I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be able to hear a difference.

With 128kbps you're wasting bandwidth and only adding to your buffering issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.