Providers that don't respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Don't you just love audio feed providers that don't respond to PM's or e-mails when you have questions about their feed?
You think you would want to know if someone would like some information about your frequencies you use in your scanners.
If you want to keep that information 'secret' for whatever reason, you could at least respond and say such a thing.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
In all fairness, the general public and feed listeners can absolutely bombard feed providers with messages, questions, requests, problem reports that are PEBKAC issues, and complaints.

I run a few feeds myself and it can wear on you at times as a feed provider. :)

CommLt

Feed Provider
I love the comments, suggestions, feedback (read:complaints) I get. That allows me to make my feed better. Although I have not had many, to date, none of them have provided a way to get back in touch with them. I think they are afraid we will be angry.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Feed providers also have the option to remain anonymous and not receive any queries at all.

Personally I enjoy communicating with listeners, although it rarely occurs unless there is a problem, and in that case I try to provide information on the feed page explaining the reason for the problem which reduces complaints.

Others however stream for their own benefit and don't really care what others think.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Feed providers also have the option to remain anonymous and not receive any queries at all.

Personally I enjoy communicating with listeners, although it rarely occurs unless there is a problem, and in that case I try to provide information on the feed page explaining the reason for the problem which reduces complaints.

Others however stream for their own benefit and don't really care what others think.

I am the same way.. I love communicating with my feed listeners but they also very rarely email/PM me. And, in response to the original poster, unfortunately some people don't want to communicate with others as much as others (although our whole hobby revolved around communication! lol).

Blackink

Don't you just love audio feed providers that don't respond to PM's or e-mails when you have questions about their feed?
You think you would want to know if someone would like some information about your frequencies you use in your scanners.
If you want to keep that information 'secret' for whatever reason, you could at least respond and say such a thing.

Can you post your question to the feed provider in one of these forums?
Maybe they'll see it and respond.....

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I think I may have had someone send me something once. I'm glad they did. I had a power outage and the computer came back on but I forgot to check the scanner and hit the power button to turn it back on as well. After a few hours of dead air someone sent me a message asking about it. As soon as I read the message it hit me that I forgot to turn it back on. D'oh!!!

But I know what you mean about not getting responses. I've tried to contact another local provider a few times to give them the correct info on dispatch channels we now use instead of what they have listed and scanning but I never got a reply and the feed was never changed. I chalked it up as "no longer my problem" and moved on.

KF6DGN

I ran into the same issue. I PM a feed provider that he was broadcasting medic to hospital comms which is a violation of the rules. I didn't want to dime him out in front of everyone. I like his feed and wanted to tell him before he was banned. But I never got a reply. HIs feed has way too many other agencies and its really too hard to follow plus the added busy traffic of the hospital comms. Oh well.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I love the no audio notices when people forget to turn on the speakers.

I can beat that one, i get one that emails me to turn up the volume (so i do), and 20 minutes later i get 2 more to turn it down.... :roll:

In fairness to our listeners, they don't understand the hobby, kind of like most people with electricity, they know how to turn on a light switch but haven't got a clue how the power gets their...

Over all i do enjoy the feedback from my listeners, most of them are very appreciative for the feed. Which gives me that warm and fussy feeling. lol :D

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I use Record Out on my 996 and set my audio to one level on the PC and if they want louder they can turn up the speakers.

And what level I have on the scanner doesn't change for the listeners.

traildraft

Premium Subscriber
I have had two emails regarding problems with my feed. They were for low audio levels. I don't mind at all if there is an issue. I do enjoy being able to provide a feed and I also use it myself when I find myself with out a radio.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I used to do my own feed in the days before RR & Broadcastify and have since moved it here out of convenience to allow more people to listen. I've always done the feed to listen when I'm out of the area and for friends/family that live out of the area. They're usually pretty understanding of any issues I have or the standard downtime for computer updates.

But a few weeks ago I did see some complaints on the County's fire alerts FB page that my feed has gone down in quality and in the amount of fire channels I broadcast now (no idea why they didn't contact me here but maybe they don't know how). After explaining the issues with the County and the narrowbanding that cut into my reception they were pretty understanding. Now that we've narrowbanded there's a lot of issues with reception even on portables, mobiles, and base radios so my poor scanner down in a hole doesn't have much of a chance. I offered to accept a donation to install an external antenna but I guess they magically became happier with the current feed quality because they all declined to assist. LOL

Bujinkan

I've received feed reports about the website not working correctly. I try to respond to most if there is a way. Some blind PM.

n4yek

In all fairness, the general public and feed listeners can absolutely bombard feed providers with messages, questions, requests, problem reports that are PEBKAC issues, and complaints.

I run a few feeds myself and it can wear on you at times as a feed provider. :)

When you live in a rural area such as I do, you are lucky to get anyone to monitor your link, period. I just checked and he has no listeners.
I will not post a link to his feed as I am not here to smear anyone's name, I'm not like that.

For all that have responded, thanks. I do enjoy my hobby and like to let the feed providers know they are appreciated for what they do. I know you can be bombarded by e-mails but when you live where I do, getting an e-mail for a feed might come once in a blue moon.

Again thanks to all of you.
Danny

Works both ways.

I have received PM's with questions abut my feed and asking for help but I could not reply to the PM because the sender has their account set to not receive PM's and don't reveal their email address.

:confused:

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I myself welcome feedback it let's me know how my feed is doing I'm willing to help anyone that needs it if I can......

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Can you post your question to the feed provider in one of these forums?
Maybe they'll see it and respond.....
Ideally this is what should happen. Feed providers should monitor this forum for issues with their feeds in an attempt to resolve any problems with privately contacting them. Or at the minimum monitor their regional forum(s) since threads tend to pop up there.

I'll admit the method for interaction with feed providers definitely needs work.

Status
Not open for further replies.