Adams County (CO) Law Enforcement feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmikk

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I see that the Adams County Law Enforcement feed is no longer listed as a live feed. Can you tell me if it will be coming back? I know it had been down due to a hard drive failure but had been reported it would be back online last week. Missing the feed for my city.

Thank you!
Kim in Colorado

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Why-feed-offline-where-did-feed-go etc...

Kim,

Not harp or pick on you, I just wish people who find out when one of their favorite feeds goes off line permanently and is removed from the active listing. They would please read this forum thread "Sticky" Why is this feed offline? Where did a feed go? How to get my area added? I am sure this will answer many of your questions.
I hope some one restores or sets up a new feed covering this agency/area. Good Luck!

Max:cool:

kimmikk

Premium Subscriber
Hi Max,

I did read the Sticky FAQ before posting my question to the forum. That is why I specifically asked if the feed was going to come back and didn't ask WHY it left. I wasn't sure if would be gone permanently (since the feed had been reporting that it would be back) or if perhaps the person who had been broadcasting could provide an answer before I run out to Radio Shack and try to find a basic scanner that I can figure out how to run.

Thanks for responding at any rate. Take care and Happy Holidays to you.
Kim

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
What to do next?

Kim,

Of course it's so nice to have someone else in your town or area set up a feed to cover your home base and vicinity. I have not looked at your areas DB to find out what type system(s) they are on and accordingly to more advanced i.e. Trunked, Digital P25 the more expensive and complex the scanner. So if your a novice the task may be daunting and the learning curve steep. However, ask in forums for persons close or in your area to help guide you in choosing a scanner that will meet your minimum requirements as to what you want and need to monitor. There is a good group of people out there who will help you out. So take your time a enjoy the hobby.

Enjoy the Holidays too!

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Kim,

Of course it's so nice to have someone else in your town or area set up a feed to cover your home base and vicinity. I have not looked at your areas DB to find out what type system(s) they are on and accordingly to more advanced i.e. Trunked, Digital P25 the more expensive and complex the scanner. So if your a novice the task may be daunting and the learning curve steep. However, ask in forums for persons close or in your area to help guide you in choosing a scanner that will meet your minimum requirements as to what you want and need to monitor. There is a good group of people out there who will help you out. So take your time a enjoy the hobby.

Enjoy the Holidays too!

Just looked up that information. Almost all public safety in Adams CO, Colorado is on the Colorado statewide DTRS system which is using Apco25 Phase I. So Kim, if you should decide to purchase a scanner, you would require one capable of digital trunking.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Just looked up that information. Almost all public safety in Adams CO, Colorado is on the Colorado statewide DTRS system which is using Apco25 Phase I. So Kim, if you should decide to purchase a scanner, you would require one capable of digital trunking.

It's not entirely impossible that the Adams County feed won't return, but you may want to visit the Colorado Radio Discussion Forum prior to making any firm commitment if you want to get a scanner, especially when playing in the digital market. They generally aren't very cheap and Adams County has plans on switching over to an APCO-25 Phase II capable system (Front Range Communications Consortium (FRCC)) in the coming months which would eventually (most likely over a period of several years) stop you from being able to monitor with most scanners on the market today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.