Barix feed setup audio quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I am test running a Barix setup. I configured it according to the Barix Instreamer 100 wiki and I listen through the Barix headphone jack to verify my inputs are ok and there is no humming or static whatsoever. When I listen online there is a "tunnel" sound to the feed. What is with the quality of the feed deminishment?

So everyone knows how its setup:
PSR-410 mono 1/8" to Barix mono RCA port.
PSR-410 is powered by a 13.8V power supply. (Originally had a wall wart and it gave a RF humming).

Feed: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13537/web

Last edited:

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Barix support helped us out and we figured out the issue. I also updated the Barix Instreamer Wiki page with the most recent settings. I hope this helps anyone else that may want to use a Barix!

richtidd

Database Admin
I am test running a Barix setup. I configured it according to the Barix Instreamer 100 wiki and I listen through the Barix headphone jack to verify my inputs are ok and there is no humming or static whatsoever. When I listen online there is a "tunnel" sound to the feed. What is with the quality of the feed deminishment?

So everyone knows how its setup:
PSR-410 mono 1/8" to Barix mono RCA port.
PSR-410 is powered by a 13.8V power supply. (Originally had a wall wart and it gave a RF humming).

Feed: Mifflin County Law Enforcement Live Audio Feed

Your feed sounds OK to me via WinAmp & the Web Player.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Yeah. Had it fixed approximately 30 min prior to your post. Thank you for verifying it sounds ok.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
MP3 bit reservoir: use

That was the issue, it was set on the other option. As soon as it was changed to "use" it imediately cleared up. Barix support was sent screenshots of the Barix Instreamer screens and they responded almost immediately with the solution.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
No, Barix do not push MetaData that I'm aware of. I can ask my friend who has direct contact with Barix Support.

k1zxx

Premium Subscriber
Hello I have a Barix myself and was trying to set it up from the configuration on the set up page
https://wiki.radioreference.com/ind..._100_Network_Audio_Encoder_Setup_Instructions after doing all that was stated the unit would not link up to the server and the audio for some reason came out through the speaker port on a external speaker, so we new that the audio was going through, is there a password or something we didnt put in to connect to icecast? if so were would it go?

k1zxx

Premium Subscriber
ok got it to work, but the audio quality is terrible, I have a power hum that i tried to eliminate with a choke but could not so i went back to feeding with the pc, any insight???

Status
Not open for further replies.