fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
can someone please fix portage county law and fire tired of it going offline so much in the evening and OFFLINE all weekend long enjoy listening to it as well as many disappointing others snjct2000 please fix it

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your post to the correct forum. Thank you for creating your own thread this time instead of hijacking other people's threads.

I hope you've got a flame retardant suit. I think the responses to your post are not going to be nice.

frazpo

Buying a $300-$500 scanner is always an option,,,,

Attachments

• Liar-Liar-jim-carrey-1014545_576_384.jpg
    Liar-Liar-jim-carrey-1014545_576_384.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 762

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
can someone please fix portage county law and fire tired of it going offline so much in the evening and OFFLINE all weekend long enjoy listening to it as well as many disappointing others snjct2000 please fix it

Since you are new I won't beat you up too bad. All feeds on RadioReference are provided by volunteers. When a feed is “Offline” there could be many reasons for this. The majority of the time the provider is having technical difficulties with his/her feed.

They provide the feed for their own reasons using their own time, scanner, computer, electricity, and bandwidth. Others are also allowed to listen to these feeds free of charge but the feed provider has no obligations to them.

The feed is there, sometimes, you may listen if you wish. Posts making demands of a volunteer hobbyist is disrespectful.

As stated above your own scanner will cure your problem.

SCPD

QRT
frazpo that post my wife got a kick out of it I can see your all a click if u read the post right it says can someone fix it

SCPD

QRT
w8rmh it seem like that a bother to you guys cuz you do it for free nobody demanded anything it was ask if someone cloud fix it . it goes offline everyday close to the same time and Fridays it goes offline for the weekend it it's a bother to you guys who provide I'd by using your electric ,time,and resources then why don't you all just shut your sites off ?

puzzleriddle

The only thing that can be don is leave feed back on the feeds homepage. if they answer ok & if they do not your stuck with what you have.

Last edited:

frazpo

frazpo that post my wife got a kick out of it I can see your all a click if u read the post right it says can someone fix it

I was just joking around. I see your point. I run a feed and I either have it functioning and feeding or I don't have it. Some of these guys just feed enough to say they have a feed for the free subscription. I do not agree with that. I think Radioreference should have a set amount of maximum downtime. The guy probably has one scanner and whats to play with it on the weekends. The other post are correct. You need to report a problem through feed link.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
w8rmh it seem like that a bother to you guys cuz you do it for free nobody demanded anything it was ask if someone cloud fix it . it goes offline everyday close to the same time and Fridays it goes offline for the weekend it it's a bother to you guys who provide I'd by using your electric ,time,and resources then why don't you all just shut your sites off ?

Like others have said, if you are unhappy that the feed keeps going down, buy your OWN scanner to listen.

Seriously, these feeds are provided by people that use their own scanners, computers and Internet connections. They have ZERO obligation to provide the feed, and they can have it up as much or as little as they want. Demanding that it be 'fixed' is likely to get you nowhere, and depending on the feed providers tolerance, may go down and not come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phask

Premium Subscriber
As others said -

Buy a scanner

Contact the provider on the feed's page

Which portage county - would not be surprised if there are several states with portage county

Provide a link

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The best quote I've found for these kinds of situation. Note that this isn't the same feed provider, but I feel that it applies here.

While I appreciate all comments on the scanner feed I would remind you that this is a completely free service to you. I have paid out of my own pocket to buy the necessary equipment to share the County radio feeds with the Internet. Mostly because it's a fun hobby for me. Unfortunately, I'm not loaded and the equipment I have isn't the best so I try and make due with what I have. If you're interested in donating funds so that I can upgrade equipment I'm all ears. Until then, you get what you, and I, pay for.

That being said,

...then why don't you all just shut your sites off ?

The feed is most likely not owned or operated by anyone who works for the site, as are more than 99% of the other feeds. It's a platform for those to come in and host feeds for others so that they don't have to spend a few hundred dollars.

I took a look at the Portage County Law and Fire feed, and it does appear to be down for a fair amount of time according to the archives, especially during the evenings (1700-0600) and weekends. While this is not ideal, it means that you can at least hear public safety part of the time as opposed to never. I'm sure that if you're very unsatisfied with the temporary downtime, then you can get with the feed host to make the downtime more...permanent.

Z

zzzaaa

I like what I'm seeing everybody complaining that they do it for FREE seems to me some of you use that is a cop out if you don't like doing it for free then why did you sign up to do it I would think if there no money involved what's the REASON did you forget the how to become a provider were it's says MUST BE ABLE TO HAVE A 24-7 FEED?if it's a problem about not getting payed to be a provider then SIGN OUT

n2nov

Being down from 5PM to 6AM and on the weekends indicates that this is being fed from someone's office. When they go home, the feed is possibly turned off. Send a message to the feed provider and ask if this is the case. If so, then you know.

Drafin

...why don't you all just shut your sites off ?

And posts like this are why I DID shut my "sites off".

I don't see why anyone provides this service to all the ungrateful, demanding, people (and I use the term loosely) that react this way when something goes wrong.

Draf

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Being down from 5PM to 6AM and on the weekends indicates that this is being fed from someone's office. When they go home, the feed is possibly turned off. Send a message to the feed provider and ask if this is the case. If so, then you know.
Where is the like button...

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
w8rmh it seem like that a bother to you guys cuz you do it for free nobody demanded anything?

are you not the entitled one DEMANDING something for nothing?

If you aren't happy with something you aren't paying for, then pay for your own scanner ($400-600) and you can listen whenever you please.

it goes offline everyday close to the same time and Fridays it goes offline for the weekend it it's a bother to you guys who provide I'd by using your electric ,time,and resources then why don't you all just shut your sites off ?

Thanks the entitlement mentality like yours, I did exactly that. I got tired of feces pieces like this after spending hundreds of dollars of MY money on radios, and giving away MY internet bandwidth (which is capped BTW) and using MY electricity (which isn't free and YOU don't pay a dime for).

zzzaa, why don't your write Obama and ask for an Obamascanner because "every American should have a right to free access to scanner feeds".

Meanwhile, get your own and STFU if you don't like what is offered for free.

Jeez the nerve of some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.