Posting speed trap alerts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigC801

So is it OK to post active police activity like this in the live feed.

Missouri State Highway Patrol - Troop C

I have a screen shot if needed. Has happened several times in the last week. This is the quoted alert
"MO Highway Patrol aircraft N873MP will conduct a speed enforcement operation at 09:30 CDT with troopers on the ground. (23 minutes ago)"

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Many times it is the agencies themselves making these public announcements. Our state's DUI checkpoints are announced on TV, Radio, and social media.

My concern with that feed is, are they providing other than routine dispatch traffic which would be a violation of the Terms Of Service.

"Listeners may occasionally hear additional talk groups outside of the MSHP until they are identified and updated" is definitely a violation.

Broadcasting unidentified talkgroups could be any type of tactical, SWAT, or investigative traffic.

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
So is it OK to post active police activity like this in the live feed.

Missouri State Highway Patrol - Troop C

I have a screen shot if needed. Has happened several times in the last week. This is the quoted alert
"MO Highway Patrol aircraft N873MP will conduct a speed enforcement operation at 09:30 CDT with troopers on the ground. (23 minutes ago)"

No

That is not allowed & I removed it.

Here is the policy listed on all feed pagers for this:
"Please use this field ONLY to alert the Live Audio community to a breaking incident or noteworthy event happening on your feed.
Weather alerts (watches/warnings/advisory's, etc.), feed status and other info of this nature is not allowed."

RayAir

Use Waze for that type of info. It is pretty reliable for speed traps and road hazards/conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.