How can I contact a listener when they have all contact blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a listener who keeps submitting feed problem reports (no audio) because he can not get his Kindle Fire to work.

I have checked all my feeds and the audio is fine.

The listener has IM and E-mail contact blocked in their profile so I can not contact them to offer any help.

You should not be allowed to submit feed problem reports if you have both IM and Email contact blocked.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I agree. I get them every once in awhile. They report a problem on my feed that doesn't exist on my end (usually listener error) then they block any replies or questions. I'll have 400 listeners with no problem and get that one guy who says my feed is messed up because he can't hear it LOL.

You could ask an administrator to contact them, some users block us but may permit admin contacts.

Last edited:

mjbjr

I mentioned this a while back as well. Well I think I did....Anyway,I agree and think the reporting party should at least have some sort of contact info mandatory.

QDP2012

How can I contact a listener when they have all contact blocked?
I have a listener who keeps submitting feed problem reports (no audio) because he can not get his Kindle Fire to work.

I have checked all my feeds and the audio is fine.

The listener has IM and E-mail contact blocked in their profile so I can not contact them to offer any help.

You should not be allowed to submit feed problem reports if you have both IM and Email contact blocked.

I might be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, most accounts have "allow messages from administrators" enabled by default. Maybe you could give your "reply" message to a Broadcastify moderator/administrator, and ask them to forward it to the intended recipient. This way, the Broadcastify moderator/administrator is aware of the complaint(s) about your feed, can help guide the the complainant to the proper solution, and possibly ask the complainant to consider enabling PMs/emails from other members.

Just one idea,

Status
Not open for further replies.