Status
Not open for further replies.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Try looking art the Broadcastify terms of service

Broadcastify - Terms and Conditions

It's under 5. Content

Broadcastify terms of service said:
No user shall transmit Content or otherwise conduct or participate in any activities on Broadcastify Sites that, in the judgment of Broadcastify, is likely to be prohibited by law in any applicable jurisdiction, including laws governing the encryption of software, the export of technology, the transmission of obscenity, or the permissible uses of intellectual property.

Any licensed ham should be outraged, ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Try looking art the Broadcastify terms of service

It's under 5. Content

Any licensed ham should be outraged, ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

Who cares? It keeps the critters all in one place leaving everyone else alone.

Does that repeater/feed affect you in any way?

It is the same with 14.313/.275 or where ever those losers hang out on 75/80m.

Do not like it, simply stay away from the feed. If you are in LA simply do not select that repeater frequency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Who cares? It keeps the critters all in one place leaving everyone else alone.

Does that repeater/feed affect you in any way?

It is the same with 14.313/.275 or where ever those losers hang out on 75/80m.

Do not like it, simply stay away from the feed. If you are in LA simply do not select that repeater frequency.

The critters will remain in the one place. I can't file a complaint with the FCC because I do not have firsthand knowledge that the feed is actually the repeater it is purported to be in the feed title. The feed, on the other hand violates Broadcastify's TOS, and the very bottom line of those TOS encourages listeners to bring violations to management's attention. Mike Oxlong suggested I post in this forum. Why anyone involved in radio, amateur or professional, would support keeping this feed up is actually kind of disturbing.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Key words are "in the judgement of Broadcastify"

Clearly the administration of this website thinks it's fine so just let it go.

I just realized that you are part of the board management. I will drop it, as the feed is obviously sanctioned.

kma371

QRT
Nope, not part of the management. Just a volunteer like all the other DB and forum admins :)

I just think it's silly that it bothers you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I just realized that you are part of the board management. I will drop it, as the feed is obviously sanctioned.

Keep in mind that there are different areas to RadioReference and each area has it's own volunteers although some will handle more than one area.

You'll need a Broadcastify Admin to comment on your concerns.

Posting in this forum should get their attention. Here's the forum description:

This forum will act as a place for individuals who listen to feeds to provide comments or concerns about specific feeds. All feed providers should monitor this forum for feedback on their feeds.

If you don't get a response, you can try contacting the Lead Manager for Broadcastify, GordonE, or if that fails, you can contact Lindsay.

dkf435

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web

Why is this feed still hosted? Numerous FCC violations and violations of Broadcastify TOS with obscenity and language, mention of illegal activities, etc.

Do n t like it turn your dial.

Sometimes you will find it is one of the top feeds when there are no shoot outs.

For your information a VERY LARGE number of radios that went into Kenwood service had 435 programmed with the CORRECT TONE AND OFFSET, so there is a large listening base but the newer users are not the same class as some of the old timers.

David Kb7uns

Nasby

Simple solution. Just like the folks who get Butthurt on Facebook.

Just "Unlike" the feed (aka: Don't listen).

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I guess there's no need for Terms of Service then. I guess there's also no need for this Forum, since it's obvious if you bring up a concern (which is in the description of the forum,) you're going to be told "don't listen to it." I already said that I realized that there's no sense in pursuing this further, so why continue posting your "suggestions?"

dkf435

The FCC used to monitor the repeater through an audio stream mandated by the FCC (IP addresses from DC were logged) , the problem children get removed Riley has retired.

In case it is needed here is the OOO card.

David Kb7uns

Attachments

• OOO_card.jpg
    OOO_card.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 1,522

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Well, since people don't seem to want me to let it go, the obscenity was someone threatening to copulate with another persons defacatory canal against their will (could possibly be illegal as well), and the illegal activity was two people discussing which corner (several were given) to purchase from their independent recreational pharmaceutical distribution agent-it was suggested this was part of the Medical Marijuana Ragchew held each day at 4:20, but it was 1000 hrs local repeater time.

I've already realized that the feed is among the more popular, which means that it will not be addressed, as removing it would impact advertising revenue. Anything that threatens RRs revenue stream, such as the TOS, takes a back seat to the almighty dollar. The facts speak for themselves. I swear like a drunken sailor, but I don't do it over the air. The people on this repeater are an insult to those that believe ham radio is still an area that has civility and try to keep it from devolving into a cesspool. With that, defend these morons all you want. If the TOS were taken seriously, as has been the case with other feeds, it would have been removed long ago. Have fun, I understand that rules are for losers.

n5ims

This feed is one I don't listen to or agree with. I'm not sure that it should be removed, but if it was I wouldn't miss it a bit. I do wish that there was a disclaimer on the feed's page warning about the "mature language" though.

Attachments

• 32px-TV-MA_icon_svg.bmp
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,388

rcool101

Feed Provider
Well, since people don't seem to want me to let it go, the obscenity was someone threatening to copulate with another persons defacatory canal against their will (could possibly be illegal as well), and the illegal activity was two people discussing which corner (several were given) to purchase from their independent recreational pharmaceutical distribution agent-it was suggested this was part of the Medical Marijuana Ragchew held each day at 4:20, but it was 1000 hrs local repeater time.
My eyes are watering...ROTFLMFAO....Critters....Please don't feed the animals....Well Its 4:20 somewhere...and what does Butthurt on Facebook mean. I don't do Facespace so its Greek to me. (Yes pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.