Alpha Tags and the PRO-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

wt2w

Premium Subscriber
Can someone assist? I have my feed running ok, but haven't been able to figure out how to get the Alpha tags to display. The Alpha tags are displaying on the 197 ok, in fact I have it set up so a blue light indicates Police and a Red light display on the scanner indicates Fire as well. But to get the Alpha tags to work on my feed is the question. thanks JIM

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Questions (I apologize if they come across as silly):

1. What feed software are you using?

2. Is the data cable connected at both the scanner and the feed computer? (I anticipate so, since you've programmed the scanner - but I wanted to ask)

3. Is the driver for the data cable installed? (I anticipate so, since you've programmed the scanner - but I wanted to ask)

4. Is the feed software seeing the cable? If so, is the software communicating with the scanner over the cable?

5. Is the 'Broadcasting Alpha Tags' box checked on your feed management page? See below:

Attachments

• tags.jpg
    tags.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Can someone assist? I have my feed running ok, but haven't been able to figure out how to get the Alpha tags to display. The Alpha tags are displaying on the 197 ok, in fact I have it set up so a blue light indicates Police and a Red light display on the scanner indicates Fire as well. But to get the Alpha tags to work on my feed is the question. thanks JIM

Do you have the USB data cable connected between the scanner and computer? Are the red and green lights on it blinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.