How to add feeds to Internet Radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried, without success to get Broadcastify added to my parents stand-alone Internet Radios. They have a Grace Digital Mondo (that uses Reciva as a source) and an old Logitech Squeezebox (Tune-In related). I cannot dump the Broadcastify feed address directly to them as "My Streams" as it comes up as an 'unknown type feed' and won't decode.
Is there a way to get my local Broadcastify feeds to be a preset station on either the Grace Digital Mondo internet radio or Logitech Squeezebox internet radio?

No way either one can figure out a modern trunking scanner.
Thanks,
John

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think Broadcastify must belong to the Reciva or Tune In networks in order for an internet radio to be able to add them

Mike

k1xd

I have my feeds loaded into a Logitech 'Squeezebox'. Here's how I did it:

Login to the online management for the squeezebox
Home - Welcome to mysqueezebox.com!

Select FAVORITES

Add:

http://audioX.radioreference.com/XXXXXXXXX.m3u

The specific link to use can be constructed by logging into Broadcastify and selecting Feed Management for your feed and the Technical Tab. Use the Server Info for audioX and the Mount Point for XXXXXXXXX.m3u

Hope this helps. I suspect this would be compatible with other devices besides the Logitech Squeezebox.

Dave

krokus

Premium Subscriber
You can browse through the local radio, on Tune In, and find the feeds. It takes some work, but they are there.

Sent via Tapatalk

richtidd

Database Admin
I've tried, without success to get Broadcastify added to my parents stand-alone Internet Radios. They have a Grace Digital Mondo (that uses Reciva as a source) and an old Logitech Squeezebox (Tune-In related). I cannot dump the Broadcastify feed address directly to them as "My Streams" as it comes up as an 'unknown type feed' and won't decode.
Is there a way to get my local Broadcastify feeds to be a preset station on either the Grace Digital Mondo internet radio or Logitech Squeezebox internet radio?

No way either one can figure out a modern trunking scanner.
Thanks,
John

It is poss & easy to listen to BCFY or most any scanner feed on them.
All you need is the feed URL.

I have several internet radios on Receiva & Denon platforms.

Here is how to add a BCFY feed to a Recieva platform radio like the Grace, CC Radio & many others:

Here is how via iTunes:
Open iTunes and make sure you your have selected Music at the top left to see all the music in iTunes.
Go to a BCFY feed.
Choose iTunes as the player.
Cluck on the feed speaker & make sure that the dialog box displays iTunes as the player.
Choose iTunes as the player & let the feed open in iTunes.
Once iTunes is playing the feed, right click on the feed name & select Get Info.
This will open a dialog box.
Click on (Edit URL) at the bottom right.
The feed URL is now shown.
Copy the feed URL & past it into your Internet radio web site feed listings.
For Recieva radios that is called My Stuff.
It may be different for your radio.
Keep in mind that your radio gets the feed URL's from your radio web site.

Here is how via WinAmp:
You can do the same as above in WinAmp.
Note: Use above procedure but replace iTunes with WinAmp
Open WinAmp. Make sure the Bookmarks are showing.
Play the feed in WinAmp.
In winAmp, you go to File, Play Bookmark then to Add current as Bookmark & click the mouse.
Your feed is now a WinAmp bookmark.
Go the the bottom of the bookmark list & you will see the feed listed.
Right Click on the feed & go to Edit selected Bookmarks.
There you will see the feed URL.
Copy the feed URL & past it into your Internet radio web site feed listings.

Note:
The only time a feed URL will change is if we make a major change in the BCFY feed URL scheem or if the feed mount point changes on the feed.

set41249

Broadcastify files no longer play on C Crane WiFi radio

I have tried to copy and paste the URL's from Winamp without success. All I get is a message that reads station unavailable. Any Ideas? Please reply with A PM if possible.

Thanks,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.