No more wunderground NOAA radio feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

baayers

I apologize if this is in the wrong location.

I had noticed for the last couple of weeks that when I went to the weather underground directory of radio feeds for NOAA weather and clicked the listen link I was greeted with a server not found message so I decided to email technical support. I just received a reply a few minutes ago and it said that they were in the process of discontinuing the audio feed service and that the official announcement would be on the 1st. I realize I may be in the minority but I was one of those who really appreciated the service and it will really be missed.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Wunderground WX NOAA

I used to listen to those a lot when following Storms on the radar there or on intellicast. I didn't see where they were closing them but I used to listen to them on TUNEIN too. I don't know if those are the same feeds and will close too? but I just searched NOAA in the search box at TUNE IN and some came up. Search results for NOAA.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, just noticed that. The NOAA site used to have them too. Oh well. I usually just click to the nearest TV station when following Storms online now. Like the Albany Georgia Tornadoes a few weeks back. I had ONE of their TV stations on the live stream that night. That's always an option too. A lot of them play the local NOAA broadcast alongside someplace on the sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

toastycookies

A group of us have resurrected the project.

List of stations now back online streaming: Noaa All Hazards Weather Radio
Launch or relaunch your own stream with details here: NOAA WEATHER RADIO

seems to be broken?

TvhGbOW.png

tunein.com is another site you can broadcast from with free apps for iphone / android / windows

TuneIn Radio

jaymatt1978

One thing folks putting up this feed might want to add is the frequency and the callsign of the station you are putting on the air

bctrainers

One thing folks putting up this feed might want to add is the frequency and the callsign of the station you are putting on the air

While this is my 2c and all, the new feeds wording layout for NOAA wx stations is at best, scattered. It might be best for the stream title names to follow a common template.

For example, "KID77 162.550 - NOAA Weather Radio, Kansas City"

From above: FCC-ID Freq - NOAA Weather Radio, Location

This would mimic the HAM repeater stream texts as well.

fredva

Feed Provider
While this is my 2c and all, the new feeds wording layout for NOAA wx stations is at best, scattered. It might be best for the stream title names to follow a common template.

For example, "KID77 162.550 - NOAA Weather Radio, Kansas City"

From above: FCC-ID Freq - NOAA Weather Radio, Location

This would mimic the HAM repeater stream texts as well.

But would the typical listener using a smartphone or a computer care about the FCC call sign? That info would be good to put in the feed notes, but I think the specific geographic location being covered would be the important info to include in a title. I have a weather alert radio, and occasionally listen to NOAA on a scanner, but I couldn't tell you the call sign of the local NOAA stations.

That's my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.