Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Duplicate Feed
New Jersey, Bergen County
Agency: Elmwood Park Fire
In feed descriptions both feeds covering the same single frequency.

• http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/20154
    Elmwood Park Fire
    This audio feed will monitor operations for Elmwood Park NJ Fire Department. Frequency for dispatch is 453.5000 Mhz.

• http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/20241
    Elmwood Park Fire
    Feed Notes
    453.5000MHz
Thanks

ChrisABQ

The second listing is supplied by edispatches.com. I've been seeing these here in New Mexico. It is a paid service that the departments can use to send pages to department officials over a phone app. This way, a radio pagers lack of reception will not affect the notification because phones can receive the messages anywhere. It's a great service from what I can tell.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Edispatchs - Duplicate feeds?

I posted on this subject way back in April 4, 2014, Here is the LINK to that thread about Audio Feed Commercialization. Part of their package to an agency is to provide a audio feed despite if there is already an active feed with the same frequency being broadcasted.

IMHO and this is only an opinion, this a commercial company which may have indeed a good product to offer, is indeed or seems to me they are muscling in on audio feed market. Duplicate feeds be darned! Money talks, you volunteer feed providers ... walk, were taking over slowly but surly in certain county and state markets. Go figure!!!

And again for the record:

Disclaimer: This posting is not negative statement on the policies and/ or the business practices of Brodcastify and / or E Dispatches for they both provide services to their customer base, depending on the lever of service requested for a fee. They are what they are. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.