Encrypted Radio on ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,
One of the counties I work for will be going encrypted. Currently we are able to listen to all radio traffic via broadcastify, Especially the admins when out of town. We would like to be able to monitor traffic still once we go encrypted but would obviously defeat the purpose connecting it back up to broadcastify. I am by no mean asking or trying to get any encryption information. My question is, would it be possible to connect a radio to a computer and stream it on proscan but require a password to log in to be able to hear the audio. If this is not possible with proscan, is there any other software out there that can do this?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Bob can answer your question better but I think his program PROSCAN only works with Uniden Scanners. I am not sure what radio system you are using but some Motorola TRBO radios can be hooked to logging software on a PC that you could be able to remote into but I have not used that or remember the sotware name.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply, This is a conventional VHF P25 system that will be using ADP ecryption. We use Motorola XTL/XTS 2500's

fredva

Feed Provider
If you can make a connection from the radio to the computer's line-in or microphone jack, then RadioFeed should be able to send out a password-protected feed from the radio's audio.

Correct. I've used radio feed and it does support a password on the feed. It will work with any radio that can get audio to the computer.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
If it is going encrypted no scanner is going to support it. With that in mind you mentioned that you use the XTS2500's. Assuming you have permission from the powers that be... it is possible to run audio from an XTS 2500 to the computer using a standard 3.5mm audio cord, as that is what I do for my feeds. Since I dont think external links are allowed here (?) just do an ebay search for "motorola BDN6676A ". That part attaches to the side of the radio where the lapel mic would normally attach. On ebay it will say its for the XTS3000, however the three I have work on both the 3000s and 2500s. As far as actual software to run a password protected feed... I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I have got to believe some freeware version exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.