Winbooks for broadcasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwd311

Hi all!

I'm new to broadcasting a feed in Southern California (I'll plug it here, hope it isn't against the rules: LAPD Dispatch - West Bureau) on BCFY and am thinking of picking up a second-hand Winbook TW700 to use exclusively for this. I did read somewhere on here that the Winbooks were good enough to get the job done.

My questions: Is the Micro USB the sole power source for these tablets?

I also use a USB sound adapter to connect the scanner to the computer. The adapter uses the regular/full-sized USB connection, one of which is included with the Winbooks. Can I use the Micro USB connection to charge and the "regular" USB connection for the audio?

Thanks!

mancow

Database Admin
I use a TW800 and have a USB hub out the full size USB port. I then have a USB to RS232 adapter going to the BC785D and a USB sound card dongle for the audio. It works great to stream Proscan.

hwd311

Hello again all,

I have a quick question about broadcasting with a Winbook.

I'm having some issues with mine. I have adjusted the settings so that the Winbook never goes into sleep mode, but every now and then, perhaps once a week, the Winbook suddenly goes into sleep mode, thus cutting off my broadcast.

I know this is very vague, but has anyone had issues with this and/or resolved a similar issue? How many places should I be checking for settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.