Can't hear one provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

msradell

Louisville Suburban Fire online scanner

I use Scanner Live to monitor several different communication systems. For the last couple of weeks the Louisville MetroSafe Suburban Fire 5-8/Okolona Tac 80 channel has been acting strangely. If I watch it on the app I see the volume bar moving as if someone is talking I get no volume from it. All of the other sites I monitor are working correctly so I don't believe it's a problem with the installation or the app. Is anybody else having this problem? Any idea how to solve the problem?

mule1075

Feed Provider
I use Scanner Live to monitor several different communication systems. For the last couple of weeks the Louisville MetroSafe Suburban Fire 5-8/Okolona Tac 80 channel has been acting strangely. If I watch it on the app I see the volume bar moving as if someone is talking I get no volume from it. All of the other sites I monitor are working correctly so I don't believe it's a problem with the installation or the app. Is anybody else having this problem? Any idea how to solve the problem?
It is on the feed providers end not yours.Contact the provider and have him look at it.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

msradell

I'm still not hearing anything on ScannerLive software. I'm still seeing the indicator move like there's talking going on I don't hear anything. I raise the volume to 100% as well as trying changing the squelch settings numerous times but I still don't hear anything. I know the software itself is working because I listen to several other feeds that are working fine. This evening I tried opening the Broadcastify Jefferson County scanner for that channel also and heard nothing??

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm at a loss. I was just listening to a couple of incidents. I checked it with 3 different apps on my iPhone, Broadcastify, 5-0 Radio Pro and Police Scanner. All were of consistent volume and clear. (The feed is turned up, giving a little hum but that is done for a reason as explained in the post).

msradell

I even restored my computer to 2 weeks ago when the scanner with working for the Louisville Metro fire and it still doesn't work. Maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Broadcastify although I really don't think that's a problem because it doesn't work through the radioreference website either.

msradell

I've tried various squelch settings, from the normal -1 which is supposed to be automatic squelch to levels between 50 and 400 and none of them makes any difference. It's very strange. I have 5 or 6 other streams that I listen to regularly and they are working fine. It's just this 1 that's having problems.

msradell

I just put it in my ScannerLive (squelch 100) and listened with HTML5 Web Player and both come through loud and clear.

Try reinstalling ScannerLive.

That's what strange, it works for other people but not for me to feeds work fine. I have the squelch set at 100 right now and I'll try it for a while. I've had it there previously but....

msradell

I've been using Broadcastify & ScannerLive for a long time to listen to various local and regional fire channels. Recently I've been having a very strange problem. 1 of the Feeds I usually listen to doesn't have any sound. However you can see the graph jumping up and down showing that sound is being broadcast and I get sound out all of the other channels I listen to. I've also communicated with a couple of other listeners and they don't have any problem with that channel???

What would cause one feed not to have any sound even though it is being broadcast? I listen to multiple other feeds without any problem at all.

msradell

Follow-up

I'm still having the same problem despite trying multiple things to correct it. I've completely uninstalled the software (ScannerLive) using a deep scanning uninstall software that removed everything from the registry also. Then I reinstalled the software and I'm still having the same problem?? Again as stated previously all the other feeds work perfectly. I tried changing the squelch settings to automatic and multiple other fixed levels and nothing makes any change.

Additionally I tried listen to the seed using the Broadcastify portion of this website and again I don't hear this 1 feed but I do hear any other feeds I select. I have a snow they are broadcasting because the graph jumps up and down showing communications but I just don't hear anything.

msradell

Doesn't anybody have an idea what could be possibly causing this?? To say that it's frustrating is a major understatement.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Have you contacted feed provider? If you want a reliable feed, then you may want to consider putting one up yourself. TT

msradell

Yes I contacted them and from there in the feed is working perfectly. I talked to several other people that can listen to the feed without problems also. For some reason I could know but I am on that feed on my PC. It's really strange to say the least. I use table to receive it perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. If I had the cash to buy a good scanner (the feed is a trunked digital system) I would've done it long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.