Winamp error syncing to stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVRM

In the last few days I can not get any feed to play in Winamp. I am aware of the links changing and have gone to the site like I have been in the last few weeks but now every feed I try Winamp says either "Error syncing to stream" or "Error syncing to mpeg".

The stream will work in the HTML5 player but that does not support alpha tags. I like Winamp because I have the text size for the playlist entry displaying 60pt text so that it is easy to read the alpha tags. Also Winamp is very light on resource use.

Thanks.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Working fine here. On multiple browser's and operating systems.
d63e44df85ea5aeadbe97f1a775385b6.jpg

Last edited:

HVRM

I have 4 systems here and they all do the same thing now. Last weekend they worked and now they do not and I have not changed anything on my end. What version of Winamp are you using and are you a premium subscriber? I can't think of anything else on my end changing to cause this.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I have 4 systems here and they all do the same thing now. Last weekend they worked and now they do not and I have not changed anything on my end. What version of Winamp are you using and are you a premium subscriber? I can't think of anything else on my end changing to cause this.
Premium subscriber should not make a difference. I will check what version I am using and get back to you asap.

NYRHKY94

FYI - I was receiving the same syncing to stream error as well this morning using WinAmp from the Broadcastify site drop down. A few minutes ago I tried it again and this time it connected. Not sure what changed? I'm using WinAmp version 5.666 (which I believe is the latest available).

HVRM

Well Ill be... Finally had a reason to upgrade Winamp. Was running 2.x and 5.1x on several systems and 5.666 3516 is working fine now. Imagine that.

Thanks for the help.

dave524

Well Ill be... Finally had a reason to upgrade Winamp. Was running 2.x and 5.1x on several systems and 5.666 3516 is working fine now. Imagine that.

Thanks for the help.

argh , guess my problem is running 5.61, when you upgraded did you have to do a complete new install or can you just download the 5.666 and overwrite the older version retaining your preferences and book marks etc.??

rickr855

Feed Provider
In the last few days I can not get any feed to play in Winamp. I am aware of the links changing and have gone to the site like I have been in the last few weeks but now every feed I try Winamp says either "Error syncing to stream" or "Error syncing to mpeg".

The stream will work in the HTML5 player but that does not support alpha tags. I like Winamp because I have the text size for the playlist entry displaying 60pt text so that it is easy to read the alpha tags. Also Winamp is very light on resource use.

Thanks.

My winamp did the same thing. I upgraded to 5.666 this afternoon and all is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.