Broadcast reception problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianFromSAC

For the past couple of weeks I've been experiencing audio quality difficulty for the Sacramento metro fire department broadcasting. It is barely audible and just sounds like a scanner running in the background. Can anyone help me address this issue.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Based on the feed page's status message, the provider is aware of the problem and is trying to address it -

Several reports of poor audio. Aware of the issue and believed to be a hardware issue with the computer. Trying to get it resolved ASAP.

fdtmh

My feed is garbled. I used the free Broadcastify app for years and it was always clear. I just upgraded to the premium, Hoping it would be clearer, but it’s still garbled. Any suggestions?

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
My feed is garbled. I used the free Broadcastify app for years and it was always clear. I just upgraded to the premium, Hoping it would be clearer, but it’s still garbled. Any suggestions?

Can you clarify what you mean by "my feed"? Do you mean "the feed that I provide," or "the feed that I listen to"? If it's a feed that you listen to, then the feed provider has an issue which needs addressed and the feed provider may not be aware of the issue. Which feed is it?

Subscription status has no bearing on feed quality.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
It’s a feed that I listen to “Colorado Springs fire and EMS.”

Great, thank you. I pulled up the feed, and the description states:

Please note: This radio network is moving to a "simulcasted" system. Due to this change, there may be times when the audio is somewhat garbled.

Here's a discussion of what simulcast distortion, which is what you are hearing:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion

The feed provider will need to make some changes on his end to clear up the garbled audio, but he is aware of the problem. There's nothing you can do on your end, sorry ...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Apart from the recently released Uniden SDS100 (it's too early to tell if it will work on all simulcasted systems) there are no scanners on the market that can deal with simulcasted systems properly

Mike

fdtmh

Simulcast systems

Thanks Mike, I actually researched this item and it looks promising. I’ll keep checking this forum to see how people like it.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Apart from the recently released Uniden SDS100 (it's too early to tell if it will work on all simulcasted systems) there are no scanners on the market that can deal with simulcasted systems properly

Mike

No scanners, but the Unication G4 or G5 is also a viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.