Non-PS Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybum

I think it would be fun to be able to listen to local feeds in my state that don't include public safety...just to lighten things up.
How about feeds from the staff at your local bar/restaurant. Maybe Walmart/Target. How about the county fair, or a local concert.
I am aware that there will be distance issues with reception, but if you're a couple blocks away from these low power places, would be entertaining. I've always wanted to listen to Marine VHF ch 68 here near the Chesapeake bay.Just something different to diversify our listening interests.

Thanks,

Mike in Maryland

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I think it would be fun to be able to listen to local feeds in my state that don't include public safety...just to lighten things up. How about feeds from the staff at your local bar/restaurant. Maybe Walmart/Target. How about the county fair, or a local concert.

Someone could do that if they wanted, but they would have to either host it themselves or find a host other than Broadcastify. Feeds from private businesses, music of any sort, open mics, etc. are not allowed on Broadcastify per the feed provider terms of service:

Feed Provider Terms of Service - The RadioReference Wiki

That being said, marine channels are allowed on Broadcastify, and there are some marine feeds available for listening ...

baybum

flythunderbird, thanks for your response. I didn't know that about feeding private business. Always learn something from this site.

W8, I learned something from your response too, although it's probably not appropriate to post here.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.