Santa Clara down or just me? Feed: "County Sheriff, Police, Fire, CHP, and CAL FIRE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feed is looping 10 second clip

I was listening to a feed and it’s just repeating itself. Is there a way to report it as OFFLINE even if it’s not technically offline it’s just broken?

richtidd

Database Admin
I was listening to a feed and it’s just repeating itself. Is there a way to report it as OFFLINE even if it’s not technically offline it’s just broken?

Hi

Hope you are well today!

Welcome to Broadcastify.com Live Audio.

You can try these Windows apps:
https://broadcastify.zendesk.com/hc...Computer-Based-Applications?mobile_site=false

Otherwise, there are a couple of things that may cause this with the web players:

1 In Windows OS, there's a Line-In properties window and it maybe set to play through two different channels. Shut one channel down and the echo should stop.

2 You maybe listening to the feed via the web or Java player.

If so, the looping or repeating, echo, re buffering or stopping, of the feed is a known bug with the web player & sometimes with WMP and the Java player as well.

What you are hearing is audio that was cached by the browser the last time you listened along with the current feed audio.

To avoid this problem, I listen to feeds with WinAmp or iTunes.

However, you can try clearing your browser cash.
To clear the Java Plug-in cache:
1.Click Start > Control Panel.
2.Double-click the Java icon in the control panel.
The Java Control Panel appears.
3.Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
4.Click Delete Files.
The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
1.Delete Files
2.View Applications
3.View Applets
5.Click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
6.Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
Note: If you want to delete a specific application and applet from the cache, click on View Application and View Applet options respectively.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/7893

Please listen to this one for me. I tried clearing caches but I only have mac os and ipad and iphone. I dont think it works because theyre all syncing data or it really is broken. I figured out how to report but it has been a couple days now and i bet others have reported because its has been doing this for like at least 9 days now. If you guys get the same result can you please report it too otherwise I'm going to figure out a different solution I guess if its on my end. I tried like 5 different apps, every device I have, html5, itunes, java, and flash; so, maybe the wmp and winamp ones might work I cant use them on mac

Thank you richtidd for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.