Feed delay grows while continuously listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokoa3116

I started streaming a feed today, and I have been listening to the feed online for awhile to see how its doing. I have the live scanner next to me, and I noticed that at some point the audio coming out from the online feed was about 15 minutes behind and still growing. When I stopped media player playing the online feed and restarted it, everything was caught up. I am using OP25 with an SDR on an Ubuntu computer. Streaming using Darkice.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Whatever causes this is definitely unique to web clients (listeners) and has been an issue for years. Mobile OS clients do not suffer from this so it has nothing to do with your scanner server setup. I have been a provider for several years, and I have always noticed that I can keep ScannerRadio running on my Android for literally days at a time without stopping/restarting the feed and it will stay within the 30ish second "transit" delay (Scanner -> Server -> Broadcastify -> Phone) from my scanner at all times. If I open any browser based client, it will start "synced" with the Android client, but it will gain several minutes of delay per hour continuously. The HTML5 client is especially bad (for example an EMS call is paged out, I hear it over the Android stream, and they already arriving on scene across town by the time the page comes across the HTML client). I'm not a programmer so I cant even begin to offer help but you're not the first one to notice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.