• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking at asiaradiosales

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok i dont think i trust this site, some of the radios are to good to be true, if anyone has bought something from them, are they trust worthy and are their frequencies mono or stereo if you know what i mean?

Like here in the US our frequencies are i guess even and Europes are odd or its all the same or needs conversion.

Im looking for anyone that has bought ANYTHING from this place so i know its safe and actually real :D if no one has not heard about it, i wont buy a thing but im asking for future references after i was looking through youtube and this guy was selling a puxing 777

wkredick

Some of thier stuff has not been FCC Type accepted for use in the USA.
Best check with them on which models are before buying.
HYT Radios had to go to FCC type accepting every time they released a new radio for the American market.
I can't pronounce much less figure if any of thier Chinese radios radios are type accepted.
Puxing also make the Infinity Gear VP portables for USA market.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I tried to deal with them. The stock levels they show are not true. I tried to order a radio from them that showed 21 in stock. It took them over a week after billing my account to tell me they didn't have the band split I needed. They did promptly refund my account but eight days of the run around wasn't very nice. They are also very slow to respond to e-mails.

joeynshelby

I purchased a puxing px-888 VHF ham radio from them for like $80.00. I recieved it within like a week the radio was good quality and I have not had a problem with it. All in all I am very satisfied. It is true that some of their stuff is not FCC type accepted for use in the U.S. because these are chinese radios, so be careful what you are buying if that matters to you.

The radios don't need any kind of conversion to program any U.S. frequencies. You can program them by hand or download software and program them via computer cable. The ham radio I have can recieve frequencies outside of the ham bands which is why it is not FCC type accepted in the United States.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

The ham radio I have can recieve frequencies outside of the ham bands which is why it is not FCC type accepted in the United States.

That can't be the reason. There are a lot of certified (there is no more "type acceptance") ham rigs that can receive outside the ham bands.

It's probably not certified because the manufacturer did not spend the money to put it through the official process.

joeynshelby

That can't be the reason. There are a lot of certified (there is no more "type acceptance") ham rigs that can receive outside the ham bands.

I'm sorry. I should have said it can "transmit" outside of the ham bands. It can transmit on every frequency it can recieve straight out the box with no modifications.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Well im just wanting that GP380 but if thats the case :D ill just.. stick with what i have.. now im already stumped down to the bottom of the totem pole with empty pockets :( this economy sucks.. one day im going to have to lock up my radios to prevent theft..

blaster668

I have purchased a Puxing PX-888 from radiogearpro.com It took about a week to get but has been an excellent radio. I believe most of their prices are better to.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Wow... I was just looking at some of the readios on RadioGearPro.com -- which is a new site for me.

A 2.5W VHF radio that apparently understands how to talk to a repeater, with battery and drop-in charger, (Jingtong JT-208) for $42? INCLUDING shipping? A micro-sized 4.5" by 2.5" 4W VHF radio (QUANSHENG TG-6A) with dual-watch, CTCSS, scan, battery and charger... $59.50 INCLUDING shipping?

All I can say is "WOW"... I'm tempted to buy one of these just to see what how good they could possibly be for that kind of money. Seriously.

Peter
K1PGV

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Im looking at that GP338... they say its field programmable... yeah right :D but i do want one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.