• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Puxing Px777 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall517

Wirelessly posted (SCH-U700/1.0 NetFront/3.0.22.2.7 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Ok, without getting into any arguements or fights wether this radio is legal or not, I need a simple answer for a dumb question. Do you think it would be safe as in, not decreasing the batterys performance or life or shouldn't be done. Would it be ok to listen to it and charge it at the same time, the Puxing? I know at our rescue squad, we use Motorola Ht1000's and so forth, but usually keep them on whilst charging and don't really notice a change in the Motorolas performance. So what do you think?

Last edited:

snakedoc9

So can this radio handle mild to moderate use, and be programmed to decode Motorola QC-II paging formats? I have a HT-1000, and a Minitor IV that are useless at the end of this year if I am going to be compliant in this county. All agencies in this county are VHF EXCEPT the City of Wilson, Police and Fire... but we are narrow banding and I need a good radio that can do what I need it to do. Paging, narrow-band compliant... and somewhat easy to program...

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
So can this radio handle mild to moderate use, and be programmed to decode Motorola QC-II paging formats? I have a HT-1000, and a Minitor IV that are useless at the end of this year if I am going to be compliant in this county. All agencies in this county are VHF EXCEPT the City of Wilson, Police and Fire... but we are narrow banding and I need a good radio that can do what I need it to do. Paging, narrow-band compliant... and somewhat easy to program...

All HT1000s are NB compliant but only the latest DN model revisions will do the "splinter" freqs. So unless if you're actually changing frequencies (which isn't necessarily required) the 1000 should be fine. But yes, the Min IV won't go narrow.

N4KVE

Wirelessly posted (SCH-U700/1.0 NetFront/3.0.22.2.7 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Ok, without getting into any arguements or fights wether this radio is legal or not, I need a simple answer for a dumb question. Do you think it would be safe as in, not decreasing the batterys performance or life or shouldn't be done. Would it be ok to listen to it and charge it at the same time, the Puxing? I know at our rescue squad, we use Motorola Ht1000's and so forth, but usually keep them on whilst charging and don't really notice a change in the Motorolas performance. So what do you think?
It depends on the charger. I have some radios that sit in the charger all day. When the charger senses the battery is getting low, it charges the battery until it's complete. I have other units that sit in a different charger, & once the charging cycle is complete, that's it. No charging until the radio is removed from the charger & reinserted to start the charging cycle. So it's all up to the charger. I never do this with my good batteries. Only those that aren't up to spec, as I don't have the heart to throw them out. GARY N4KVE

Status
Not open for further replies.