• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

glockasp

Hello guys.

Got a problem with a Wouxun that I'm just not sure about.

I have a pair of KG-UVD1P's, They are both J03's and are IMHO great little radios.

I wanted to have extended receive on the units (a lot of out local PD and FD's are on T-Band). They only went up to 480.000 by default, and I needed T-Band, just receive though no TX (just don't need it). So i went ahead and used the band expander program 1KG-xxx-unlock. It works great opened her right up. I did not open up the TX past what it already had just the RX up to 512.0000.

After flashing the radios with the MURS freq's and one T-Band receive freq. I found both units would reset all of the optional functions menu items after powering off the unit. It would go back to talking Chinese to me (lol). I reflashed both radios and one works fine and the other, well it still does it. Have any of you seen, had or even heard of this problem before????

I am using the Wouxun software V2.11, a USB to serial programing cable and an XP box.

ipfd320

Banned
did you try the menu manually on the keyboard to set the radio to english?????

if not try that and turn the radio off wait a few then back on

good luck

pjtnascar

My TYT will do the same thing every time I program freqs with the computer. You should be able to reset those functions through the radio menu.

glockasp

It's weird, I can tell when the unit it is going to do it to. The power on will not show the second line of the VFO and then it tells me in Chinese that in is in frequency mode, when it should be in English and name mode.

It also only seem to happen if the unit is turned off and then back on again. It also happened if I took the battery off too. The channels are there and programed it just the optional functions that reset. Sometimes the display will not come on either, I have to turn the unit on and off again to get the display to come back on.
But the unit still works and other then this little hiccup it's a great little radio.

I'm to tired to do it now, but sometime tomorrow I'm going to try some of the older versions of the software and see if that makes a difference. and I might give the commander & CHIRP software a shot too if the older versions don't fix up the issue. I'm thinking trial and error till either i get it or it gets me.

ipfd320

Banned
DO Your Functions MANUALLY Thru the KEYPAD....Dont use the PC to do it for YOU

Go thru EVERY Item in the MENU Choices and Manually Enter them IN

nd5y

I wanted to have extended receive on the units (a lot of out local PD and FD's are on T-Band). They only went up to 480.000 by default, and I needed T-Band, just receive though no TX (just don't need it). So i went ahead and used the band expander program 1KG-xxx-unlock. It works great opened her right up. I did not open up the TX past what it already had just the RX up to 512.0000.

I read on one of the other forums that you can't do that. It said If you try to expand the default receive range from what is on the label (they way it was manufactured) it can ruin the radio and the unlock software is only to change the trasmit range from ham band only.

Status
Not open for further replies.