• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PX888K Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8TDB

Hi I am brand new to the Ham world. I recently bought a px888k it worked fine for a few days. I plugged the radio into the computer to program it and now its locked up and won't do anything. The left side of the screen says "cal" no where in the book does it say anything about "cal". If anyone has any information on how to unlock this, or is there a factory reset? The book that came with the radio does not have very much information.

KD8DVR

Hi I am brand new to the Ham world. I recently bought a px888k it worked fine for a few days. I plugged the radio into the computer to program it and now its locked up and won't do anything. The left side of the screen says "cal" no where in the book does it say anything about "cal". If anyone has any information on how to unlock this, or is there a factory reset? The book that came with the radio does not have very much information.

Turn radio off, hold the MENU key while turning the radio on, then press enter when it says RESET?

Hopefully that will bring it back

KD8TDB

No luck, still stuck no matter what I do. I e-mailed Puxing and their response was hit the escape button. None of the buttons do anything,hitting escape certainly does not do anything.

KD8TDB

here a screen shot of where the radio is stuck.

2012-09-28_06-43-43_900.jpg

KD8DVR

No luck, still stuck no matter what I do. I e-mailed Puxing and their response was hit the escape button. None of the buttons do anything,hitting escape certainly does not do anything.

Sorry that didn't work. I don't know what to tell you at this point.

n1nte

Did you ever find out how to get the radio out of this mode? It appears to be calibration mode (CAL in the display).

KD8DVR

Perhaps with software and a cable could reprogram a clean file, but read it first, to see if some odd setting has been made.

box23

I have found you get into that mode by pushing the bottom right '#' button. To get back to normal you just push the ESC/M button to cycle through VFO and Memory Mode as usual.

Not really sure what that mode is for. Like was said there isn't any information in the manual. At times I accidentally hit the button and it goes into that mode, usually at inopportune times. Never had a problem getting out of it.

Looking at your picture it appears to be in dual watch mode. I'm not sure if you can have just one "band" in cal and the other not, as with other modes, but try pushing Enter to switch to the B "band". If that works try pushing the ESC/M button.

The only other explanation I can think of is that by connecting it to the computer it messed something up.

mursradio

Solution

You need to change the Work Mode-A and Work Mode-B settings in the Optional Features menu from VFO to Ch. Name. [See image] This will set the radio to power up in the correct mode to display the channel alias names.

Pressing the # key sets the radio to the call channel. You can change this by going to the VFO/Call menu. You will notice that the two frequencies you had on your display before are shown as VFO A and B.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

- Rob

Attachments

• PX-888K_Work_Mode_Settings.png
    PX-888K_Work_Mode_Settings.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 7,885

F8DDE

Hello all,
I receive my PK888K 1 month ago, and all is OK before I plugged the radio into my computer. Since I do its locked too. Not any push-button are active. I can push MENU btton, but I cannot enter into menu systeme.

I tried the solutions given above, but none Resolves the problem.

Kind Regards
JC

mursradio

Hello all,
I receive my PK888K 1 month ago, and all is OK before I plugged the radio into my computer. Since I do its locked too. Not any push-button are active. I can push MENU btton, but I cannot enter into menu systeme.

I tried the solutions given above, but none Resolves the problem.

Kind Regards
JC

If you download v1.01 of the software there is a setting that isn't in v1.03 called Manual. It is located in the Optional Features menu. When checked off it is supposed to disallow keypad programming to comply with FCC Part 90 rules here in the US. If you check Manual on then it will allow keypad programming. Again, this setting is for some reason only in v1.01 and not in v1.03.

To obtain this software if you can't find it anywhere else online you can go to the files section of the PX-888K Yahoo Group: Puxing PX-888K Yahoo Group

- Rob

KD8DVR

I have a suspicion that that option is no longer supported in later models. My radios do not lock out the keypad programming, when used with the 1.01 software. Perhaps, the function is still supported; but in a yet-to-be-released software version.

If you download v1.01 of the software there is a setting that isn't in v1.03 called Manual. It is located in the Optional Features menu. When checked off it is supposed to disallow keypad programming to comply with FCC Part 90 rules here in the US. If you check Manual on then it will allow keypad programming. Again, this setting is for some reason only in v1.01 and not in v1.03.

To obtain this software if you can't find it anywhere else online you can go to the files section of the PX-888K Yahoo Group: Puxing PX-888K Yahoo Group

- Rob

ralden155

HEEEEEELLLLP

I have a suspicion that that option is no longer supported in later models. My radios do not lock out the keypad programming, when used with the 1.01 software. Perhaps, the function is still supported; but in a yet-to-be-released software version.

Hey I really need help im like a noob in this type of field Programing/installing I recently received a puxing px-888k just to be straight to the point I need help with everything. I have and know all the frequencies I need I just cant seem to download the software and program it manually or through the computer please here is my phone number serious callers only I need to have this radio up and running 347-585-9875

fouyer

same probleme with my puxing !!! help

Dear Om
i have read your problem about puxing 888 k
because today i have the same probleme with this transceiver !
my puxing also in look with call !! before i had plug this to my pc ...
Do you have an solution for this ,
Thanks a lot
best 73
Roger
From France

Havocide

Puxing PX-888k Direct Software Links

Here are direct links to programming software that I use on all three of my px-888k's with a working prolific driver for the data cord. You must use COM4 in "Communication Port". This has been the only combination I have been able to find that will work. The problem with the china data cords are that they are are counterfeit and don't work with most the drivers on the web. Hope this helps!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6wkX8gXl5y_cEFYc3lTYUVKN3c/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6wkX8gXl5y_aHZlelFaa2JfQjg/edit?usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.