• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng UV-B5

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioandy

I hope someone here can help. I Just purchased at Baofeng UV-B5. Love it so far...The only problem I am having is that I've programmed a community repeater into it, and I can key the UV-B5 and hear it on the repeater, but unless I manually open the squelch on the side of the UV-B5 I cannot hear any received communication from the repeater on the UV-B5. Any suggestions? I have the CTC Codes correct.

Settings:

RX=461.55000 CTC=173.8 TX-466.55000 CTC=173.8 WIDE Band

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
Andy

Last edited:

QDP2012

You might want to try either removing the RX CTCSS tone, or create another channel that is identical but without the RX CTCSS tone, and see if it makes a difference. Unless you have a geographic congestion problem where the RX CTCSS tone would be needed on your radio to block other transmitters on the same frequency, you might be able to use CSQ (carrier squelch) without any problem. (But keep the TX CTCSS tone, since the repeater will likely ignore you without it.)

Hope this helps,

radioandy

Tried Settings

I tried what you suggested and left off the RX code. I still cannot hear anything coming from the repeater unless I hit the Monitor button on the side to open the squelch. I had this problem before with a talk-around channel, and changed something in the menu and it worked. But I cannot figure out what I did exactly before to allow it to pass thru.

Andy

QDP2012

I tried what you suggested and left off the RX code. I still cannot hear anything coming from the repeater unless I hit the Monitor button on the side to open the squelch. I had this problem before with a talk-around channel, and changed something in the menu and it worked. But I cannot figure out what I did exactly before to allow it to pass thru.

Andy

If there is a setting that indicates a "talk-around" vs "repeated" channel, the radio might be introducing an improper offset, and might be "listening" to the wrong frequency internally. I'm not sure.

Also, depending on radio model, sometimes the "monitor" button will let you listen as an open-squelch on the repeater frequency, whereas other radio models, it listens on the repeater-input frequency. If you are close enough to hear other traffic on the input frequency, then I would begin to suspect an improper offset or something like it has happened during radio-programming.

It sounds like maybe the best solution would be to try again to find that menu-item you changed before and try chainging it again.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.