RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Budget and Entry Level Transceivers

Budget and Entry Level Transceivers - For discussion of budget or entry level radios such as Baofeng, Wouxun, Puxing and other radio communications designated as commercial but not targeted for Amateur or GMRS. Also included are MURS and ISM 900MHz designed radios.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 6:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh6mwq_ View Post
Hi folks, I've been messing around with pair of Zastones for few days. After few iteration rounds I finally managed to get a qso between them. For some odd reason, I can't receive SMS. The radio transmits, but other end does not receive the message. Any bright ideas?

The PC software is one messy piece of ****, and lack of documentation doesn't really help... Would someone please put a working config file to web?

- Jukka, oh6mwq
now please
Attached Files
File Type: zip R3UFM1.zip (495 Bytes, 331 views)
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2013, 6:38 AM

Default SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh6mwq_ View Post
Hi folks, I've been messing around with pair of Zastones for few days. After few iteration rounds I finally managed to get a qso between them. For some odd reason, I can't receive SMS. The radio transmits, but other end does not receive the message. Any bright ideas?

The PC software is one messy piece of ****, and lack of documentation doesn't really help... Would someone please put a working config file to web?

- Jukka, oh6mwq
now please you want to increase the tab dPMR -TX PRE-CARRIER TIME to 600
Old 10-27-2013, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua3usj View Post
now please you want to increase the tab dPMR -TX PRE-CARRIER TIME to 600
Thanks, that did the trick! I had pre-carrier time 0, and messages didn't go trough, now it works ok.
Old 11-04-2013, 7:30 PM

I have a few of the Zastone's, software seems 100% stable under XP though I'm still not sure what all those options in the software actually do. Radio's are rock solid in digital.
Old 11-21-2013, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlieweekender View Post
I have a few of the Zastone's, software seems 100% stable under XP though I'm still not sure what all those options in the software actually do. Radio's are rock solid in digital.
here's what I learned if you install the optional optional program from kirisun our software zt-9908 starts to work 100% on any windows. http://en.kirisun.com/Temp/KIRISUN%2...1372949183.rar
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2013, 1:16 PM

Hello. I tried to transmit with zastone in dpmr mode with severeal programmings via the software to an icom dmpr (idas). The icom never decode the zastone dpmr signal. But there are so many parameters combinations that could make the decoding unable to open the icom radio....

the test was made by a friend of mine and didn't try all parametres values/combinations etc.....

Does anybody succed to heard the zastone dpmr mode to an "official" dmpr transceiver??

f1iwq
Old 11-30-2013, 9:59 PM

Did you get your Zastone's working ok? I have a few of them and after much trial and error I am now getting good distance with them in simplex digital mode.
Old 12-01-2013, 6:24 AM

Cool zastone

Hi

two or more zastones zt9908 works together ok. These are low price devices, I wonder if they are totally dpmr compatible
Old 12-01-2013, 4:20 PM

Has anyone found a way of turning off the anoying BCLO, Busy Channel Lock Out function?
Old 12-02-2013, 3:05 AM

Try to remove OASCU check in the VFO edit or channel edit.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2013, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1iwq View Post
Try to remove OASCU check in the VFO edit or channel edit.
Thank you very much

Another question, why can you enter more than one group of encryption keys (up to 16groups)? And if you do, how does the radio know whitch one of the keys to use?
Old 12-02-2013, 1:17 PM

Wink

hi again

my last post was wrong, the parameter to change is the "BUSY" in the top right of the VFO window if you want to transmit over a receibing signal.

Sorry but I can't help you for the scrambling keys, I've not yet experimented this.
Old 12-09-2013, 9:48 PM

Interesting radios to say the least. Is DpMR legal on ham bands? I guess it is almost the same as NXDN which is. What is the emission mode?
Old 12-12-2013, 1:41 PM

You can enter a number of encryption keys as you may want to share traffic with users on one channel but not another. Or you may want to use a different key on each digital channel thus making it more work to totally decrypt your network.
Old 12-17-2013, 1:20 PM

Default Zastone HT.

I've just acquired a couple of ZT-9908's.

Very well built and can't really complain.

The text messaging works quite well really.

But just a couple of questions -

1) Is there a way of using CTCSS whilst in digital mode ?
I'm curious to see if it's possible to pass the C4FM modulation via a repeater.

2) Not sure if I'm missing something but I seem to be having difficulty assigning the
two side keys to various functions via the PC software. I'm able to assign them as monitor keys
(turns off the squelch), but if I try to assign anything else it doesn't appear to work.

Is anyone else having the same problem ?

73 de Andy
Old 12-22-2013, 1:13 PM

hello G0FTD

these are my replies to your questions:

1) the ctcss are not active as it uses the analogue transmissions; instead you should use different ID to active different receivers.
2) it won't work ; I have already tested this through an analogue FM "standard" repeater. Altough you can heard the bit stream but the dpmr radio didn't open

the zastone software is not really clear, the software is available "as is" and you have to try and retry again to
get the good parameters that works...
Old 12-22-2013, 3:24 PM

Many thanks F1IWQ.
This seems to confirm my findings.

73 de Andy G0FTD
Old 12-25-2013, 9:06 AM

Could someone open a ZT-9908 and take some photos of the PCB? That would help everyone to compare and choose between different dPMR radios that are showing up from China: Zastone, Kirisun, Luiton, MYT, TCB, BFDX...

For me the main issue is the radio architecture, as every RDA184x based radio gets easily desensed in urban areas due to it's direct conversion scheme.

Kirisun S780 is based on LT1801 and RDA1846.

Last edited by sycho; 12-25-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Old 12-26-2013, 5:10 AM

Default opening the zt9908

well, I tried to open the zt9908 but I need a special tool to unscrew the antenna circular bolt.

there is an easy way to open it, just throw it firmly on a wall and take pictures after the crash.

F1IWQ
Old 12-26-2013, 5:38 AM

It's easy, just like you do with any other handheld antenna or knob nut. Use some curved nose pliers to grab and turn the nut from the slots.