• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trisquare eXRS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Mods , please relocate if posted incorrectly in this area. I just discovered recently that a local "security" outfit is using these radios. I read on the forums that they area hard to monitor but can be done effectively if you have the means. Which I don't . I was wondering if one would come accross one of these radios you can't just turn it on and listen in.... you would probably have to know / enter info that the other radios are set up ith to follow the traffic . Basically all the radios need to be set up the same to follow each other?

fdscan

The radios you are referring to use are a little more high-tech than your average bubble pack GMRS.

Basically, they are digital and operate in the 900 MHz ISM band, and use frequency-hopping technology so that they can't be picked up by a scanner. Not sure if anyone's managed to do it, it's beyond my scope of knowledge.

I would assume you could purchase one of the radios and punch in the security company's channel/codes, but I don't own one so don't quote me on that. Not to mention, I don't know how you'd get that info.

SCPD

QRT
Mods , please relocate if posted incorrectly in this area. I just discovered recently that a local "security" outfit is using these radios. I read on the forums that they area hard to monitor but can be done effectively if you have the means. Which I don't . I was wondering if one would come accross one of these radios you can't just turn it on and listen in.... you would probably have to know / enter info that the other radios are set up ith to follow the traffic . Basically all the radios need to be set up the same to follow each other?

Budget and entry level radio forum has been set up for non GMRS radios and additional information about these radios is listed there.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

The TriSquare eXRS radios are analog frequency hopping spread spectrum radios, not digital. (The Motorola DTRS radios are digital FHSS, and work in the same 902-928 MHz range, but are not compatible.) There's a youtube video showing how someone was able to intercept the TriSquare analog FM signal with a spectrum analyzer or somesuch.
Short of expensive test equipment, you would need to know what numeric code they are using in their radios, and program the same into your radio(s), in order to follow their conversations.

SCPD

QRT
Looks like no one reads anymore and tries to keep things going in the inappropriate forums...SMH

fdscan

Looks like no one reads anymore and tries to keep things going in the inappropriate forums...SMH

Actually, it looks more like some individuals are more concerned with helping the OP as much as possible and answering his question than where the thread is posted.

I understand your concern that this isn't posted in the right forum (well, it has been moved now) but all that is really necessary on your part is clicking the "report" button and letting the moderators know where to move the thread; that is, unless you wish to contribute something helpful to it.

Please have some respect.

dksac2

From my understanding, you need a near field receiver/scanner, a higher end set up, not low priced. You need to be somewhat close to the radio. The radio's are not digital, although parts of them may be, when out of range, they just cut off, no static.
For the radios to communicate with each other, the same code, one of two codes (one is a number code, the other is whatever name you give your radio, so you have one numbers which is the code, the other is letters, but you have to know both for the radios to talk to each other) that has to be put in every radio. Once that is done, you can talk to one person only or the entire group of radios that have the same code. You can also send short text messages. They even have built in text such as "Can't talk now" and 5 or 10 other things if you are looking to be 100% quiet.
They are really neat radio's. I was sorry to see the company that made them go out of business.
Mine transmit about as far as GMRS radios, sometimes not as far, much depends on what's around you.
Some people say they sometimes lose sinc with each other, but it has not been a problem for me.

What I find that is so neat is that you can talk to others, and not hear anyone else. You can have 1000 of the Trisquare radios right next to each other and 10,000 bubble pack radios and not have any interaction between them or other radios. It's not like going to a big event and having people all over the channels of the bubble pack radios.
Lastly, lets face it, how many people are going to have the necessary equipment, and if they do, bother to get close enough to you to monitor what you are saying. If your some foreign agent and some 3 letter agency wants to hear you, they could easily do so, but in real life, you will be able to talk to others without anyone else hearing what you are saying. I'd say you have a 99.9% chance of no one hearing what you are saying.
There are still Motorola radios that are similar as to the voice scramble, but you sure could not buy them for $80.00 a pair with batteries, chargers, and earphones. I wish another company would slightly improve the original design of the Trisquare and start making them again for about $120.00 a pair. I'd buy more. I'm just glad I got some while they were still available. I take good care of them and they work fantastic within their design parameters. Plus, they are kinda cool.

73's John

Last edited:

fdscan

Those Moto's you're thinking of are the DTR series. Same idea, not sure if they're digital or not. Unfortunately they're not compatible.

But as you mentioned... Yeah, they're pricey!!!

mformby

The Trisquare radios are no longer made. I have 2 TSX100 and wanted more but can't find them. That's a shame because I liked them better than my FRS radios.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Please accept my apology spd640 and thank you rjk_165......... I did a quick search for trisquare but did not see what I was looking for so I took a shot and posted here.

SCPD

QRT
No need for any apology on my part,you did nothing wrong sir I was just letting you know about this forum,I just said to much and it was taken the wrong way and cost me some off time.

Status
Not open for further replies.