• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Puxing PX-888K or fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooby91

Just recieved my px-888k off of ebay yesterday. First thing I noticed is the cover for the led fell off after five mins. Ok then im looking and the buttons and the enter button says v/m and the esc/m says a/b. The I read the manual and it's totally wrong. Not just translated wrong but it seems like its for another radio completely. Really confusing. Then I get the software from Puxing's website and it doesn't work. Did all kinds of fiddling with the serial/usb cables and drivers etc... then I start to think that I don't have the right software. Tried version one and three. Pretty sure the cable is good because its working with some kenwood radios I have on the same computer. There are all kinds of weird differences I'm seeing also. Screen is selectable from orange/yellow/green instead of blue/purple/orange. The icons and display are different as well. This is so weird. I hope I didn't get a chinese knock off of a chinese knock off radio. But that is just my luck. Nothing on any of the forums on how to program makes sense or works well either. Been figuring it out as i go. got some repeaters punched in but would like to be able to use the software too. I can add pics tommorow if it helps.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I have a 888K and mine says PX888K just above the screen on the right. And the buttons across the top row are "MENU" "ENTER" "ESC/M" from left to right. Without looking at the radio, I couldn't be sure. I wonder if you have the newer version the Px-UV973? I just purchased the newer 973. It has no writing above the screen (like the 888) and there are four buttons under the screen "MENU" "ENTER" "VFO/MR" "A/B".
Pull the battery off and there will be a label on the radio that tells you the model number.

If you could post a photo then I might be able to help you, as I am fairly familiar with the Puxing radios. At least I can try anyway.

felixthecatz

Hi Dooby91

I have the same problem with my px-888k , whats the program you used for configuring the radio because the puxing px-888k i doesn't work

thank

mikajlo

Same here :(
Even LED cover fell off after few minutes :)

Hope its a new model and not a fake.

KD8DVR

I saw the photo, as it was uploaded to the 888k Yahoo group. Just seeing new posts, I revisited this issue. It is not an 888k or a 973. As a matter of fact, the button labeling looks nothing like any Puxing radio. I remain at a loss.

presw

Feed Provider
I have the same knockoff of a knockoff PX-888K

I have been playing with this a few hours today and am uncovering a feature I don't understand. When you program PF1 to "DIAL" and tap the side button the radio emits a data burst like MDC-1200 but doesn't sound familiar. Has anyone got an idea?

Here are my discoveries so far:

button differences:
per manual: MENU ENTER ESC/V
actual:.........MENU ...V/M.... A/B

[LOCK/UNLOCK]
menu...*

[MENU]
menu... rotate to select
menu... rotate to change
v/m to save
v/m to exit

[CTCSS/DPL]
menu...C-CDC for both, or T-CDC for TX & R-CDC for RX
menu
press * to toggle tone or digital
rotate to tone or code
v/m to save
v/m to exit

[MEMORIES]
start with a VFO with ALL parameters;
menu
v/m (notice flashing memory number, change)
menu=store

[MISC]
in menu, PF1 can be set to OFF, ALERT or DIAL

........................OFF .........ALERT............DIAL
short press:.........-............TX alarm.........MDC???
long press:.......Monitor.....Monitor...........Monitor

SCR, ANI, VIB, ROGER, MR NAME all seem to do nothing. There are many more oddities and differences. At least my dial cover stays put.

And worst of all, there is no way to do DTMF that I have found!

Pres W2PW

KD8DVR

It's not mdc1200. It's MSK. A few Puxing models use this. It's an alphanumeric data burst, if so programmed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.