• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

AnyTone AT-5888UV III Triband Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
AnyTone AT-5888UV III Chinese Tri - Band Mobile Radio

OK 2 way radio fans. This unit is scheduled for release in Mid October 2014.
Where are we now....Mid October:roll:! So....

If anyone perchance orders one or already has one up and working. Please use this thread to post a review of your experiences with this radio. The easy of programing either by software or manually. Ease of use or any other features that make it noteworthy or not.

Thanks in advance!

Max:cool:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Really Now?

Interesting ...but really now... Modifications or "Mods" so the radio can transmit on AM and 27MHz (CB):roll:?

Personally, I am definitely not interested in that aspect "if" this radio "could" even do this mod.
(There are may other radios out there that can do this...without modification)

Honestly, I am looking for persons who may have purchased this radio already and their experiences so far whether for amateur (ham), commercial or combined usage.
That's all:)!

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Astrogoth's last several posts have been pointless spam about adding CB band to Baofeng and other brand radios. Don't feed the trolls

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Astrogoth's last several posts have been pointless spam about adding CB band to Baofeng and other brand radios. Don't feed the trolls
Yea I caught that under a different topic header in here in the forums. Oh well, perhaps it best not to respond to "trolls" at all!

Max

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There are several possibilities.

1. We are, but don't post call signs online for privacy reasons.

2. We use radios for other than ham purposes--business or professional.

3. Academic or scientific research.

4. Curiosity.

Which of these may or may not apply is none of your business. Now how about refraining from further off-topic goofiness so that the original intent of this thread can continue?

prcguy

The list should include #5 which is jamming.
prcguy

There are several possibilities.

1. We are, but don't post call signs online for privacy reasons.

2. We use radios for other than ham purposes--business or professional.

3. Academic or scientific research.

4. Curiosity.

Which of these may or may not apply is none of your business. Now how about refraining from further off-topic goofiness so that the original intent of this thread can continue?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I've got one on order thru Import Communications. Hopefully I'll have it soon (like by weeks end) so I can put it thru its paces.

A member of a FB group I belong to has the "D" model and from how he describes it, it's a kick-*** radio, so I'm hoping the "E" model will just as awesome.

:)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A member of a FB group I belong to has the "D" model and from how he describes it, it's a kick-*** radio, so I'm hoping the "E" model will just as awesome.

You're confusing the handheld and mobile. The -E (Wouxun is history | Buy a better radio, buy Anytone) is a handheld, and has been out for several months, and has several reviews available. The mobile tri-band (AT-5888UV III Chinese Tri-Band Mobile Radio) is not yet available.

This thread is about the mobile, not the handheld.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

jk77

Not a CB

I'm sorry to derail this thread any more than it already has been, but I must answer this:

But will it, after you cut the red wire, transmit AM on 27Mhz??

I highly doubt that you could mod this FM radio to transmit AM much less transmit on 27 Mhz, but even if you could, it would NOT be legal because it is not type accepted to transmit on the CB channels. Generally speaking, it is OK to modify CB radios to work on the ham bands, but it is NOT OK to modify ham radios to work on CB.

If you want a CB radio that badly, why not buy any one of a number of fine CB radios out there and leave our ham radios alone?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I've got the dual band version...I don't really like it that much. Like all Chinese radios the squelch circuit sucks, self quiets on a few 467/468 MHz frequencies (won't even send any rf power). Not a bad radio for the price but I wouldn't buy another (I'd honestly rather convert a VHF GM300 to 220 than buy a 220 specific radio).

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
AnyTone AT-5888UV III Chinese Tri - Band Mobile Radio Update!

OK 2 way radio fans. This unit is scheduled for release in Mid October 2014.
Where are we now....Mid October:roll:! So....

If anyone perchance orders one or already has one up and working. Please use this thread to post a review of your experiences with this radio. The easy of programing either by software or manually. Ease of use or any other features that make it noteworthy or not.

Thanks in advance!

OK heard from Ed from Wouxan US via e-mail today.
The AnyTone AT-5888UV III Chinese Tri - Band Mobile Radio may take a few more weeks or even months before it becomes available in the US.
Quote from their website:
"This radio will be available in
I've stopped guessing when it will be completed, as it is now 3-4 months past due.

Pre-delivery orders will be taken when a firm delivery date is known."
Sometimes it just takes longer for the release of a new radio especially a Tri-Bander from China. Hopefully this unit will be available by Christmas or Jan 2015 the latest :(?

Voyager

I got the AnyTone 3318-A version in May. A couple weeks ago I powered it up to find that the volume control was 'noisy' already. That was one reason I replaced my Wouxun which was several years old. Another reason was to gain the two-tone paging capabilities, but discovered that I can only put one tone set in for decode. I can ENCODE multiple tone sets (which I don't need any of), but it will only allow programming of one set for decode. So, it didn't live up to my expectations in that respect.

Otherwise, I love the radio. I've been considering the C version even with the limitations, which are likely the same.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Another reading-comprehension-challenged post about the HT. This thread is about the (as-yet-unreleased) MOBILE.

Well, at least I'm no longer alone in the 'chastised by jonwienke' club. :D

Kind of had a feeling he'd chime in at some point. :)

Voyager

Another reading-comprehension-challenged post about the HT. This thread is about the (as-yet-unreleased) MOBILE.

...which is made by the same company so it will likely use the same parts source hence have similar issues. I can read fine and I know what the thread is about. Or are you saying the mobile will be made for Anytone by a different company?

BTW, tell Lindsay that your moderator tag is not being shown correctly. ;)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Except it's a different circuit board in a different form factor with a different display, control setup, and feature set, and a has a different power output. But other than that, yeah everything is identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.