• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone 5888uv

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a anytone 5888uv firmware version 1.01 I know there is chirp however I installed the software they made for the anytone 5888uv 1.01. I wanted to access a few features chirp does not offer and change a few settings. The radio reads fine and writes fine however if I go into the more tab under each channel field under channel edit tab anything I change such as the tx off or squelch mode it'll allow the change but if I go to write I get the error run time error 9 subscript out of range. Now knowing about the basic subscript error I ruled out windows version and is ok, no viruses or malware or other software bogging or altering anything. My thought is it is invalid options for the radio however the software is for version 1.01 and the radio is 1.01. Once I click ok the program shuts down. Any thoughts or anyone have this issue before and work around it? If the radio cannot do those options it wouldnt surprise me since it's cheap Chinese software. Push come to shove I'll just use chirp. But would like to be sure it's a non existent option and why I'm getting error before giving up.

Also I know the reverse bursts on radios differ from motorolas phase shift in reversing the squelch. Has anyone successfully got the 5888uv to partially or fully mute the squelch burst? It gives options of 120 or 180. I tried 180 it worked for few but then stopped. I ordered a mic that's coming in but until it does I figured I'd ask. If it's a Dead horse and typical squelch type of cheap radio I'll live with it but if it does any actual reverse burst for pl Id like to use that option. This setting works fine in the tab and allows me to program without the subscript error.

Any thoughts from users who use or used this unit before is appreciated on those 2 issues. Not a beginner but we all run into bumps sometimes. Tried numerous things on the subscript error but nada. If my best guess is right it just doesn't have that option and they put it in cloning their software versions not taking out certain program features in each software version. Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.